Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > music

music

wr

How can i open few songs, one after another??

William Tasso

http://www.garage-a-records.com/crosley.html

--
William Tasso

cwdjrxyz@yahoo.com

wr wrote:
> How can i open few songs, one after another??

If you are speaking of songs on a web page, redirector files allow
playing as many songs as you wish in sequence. A .wax redirector file
works for the WMP, a .ram redirector file works for the Real player,
and .mu3 redirector files often are used for playing mp3s. These
redirector files can contain the URLs of as many songs as you wish, but
the structure of the .wax file is a bit different from the other
mentioned two. There are some examples of multi-song redirector files
for the WMP and Real players on my media pages that can be reached at
http://www.cwdjr.info/media/playersRoot.php .

Both .mu3 and .ram redirector files are just lists of the complete URLs
of the songs, one on each line. The .wax redirector file has an xml
structure, but it is simple to write once you see an example. An
example for 2 songs is given in the WMP discussion on my media pages
mentioned.

The server must have the correct mime types for the file types used
installed, but often this is already the case. If not, installing the
mime types usually is fairly simple if you are allowed to do so
yourself or if the person in control of the server will do it for you.
The mime types used are given in my reference.

cwdjrxyz@yahoo.com

> wr wrote:
> > How can i open few songs, one after another??

> If you are speaking of songs on a web page, redirector files allow
> playing as many songs as you wish in sequence. A .wax redirector file
> works for the WMP, a .ram redirector file works for the Real player,
> and .mu3 redirector files often are used for playing mp3s. These
> redirector files can contain the URLs of as many songs as you wish, but
> the structure of the .wax file is a bit different from the other
> mentioned two. There are some examples of multi-song redirector files
> for the WMP and Real players on my media pages that can be reached at
> http://www.cwdjr.info/media/playersRoot.php .
>
> Both .mu3 and .ram redirector files are just lists of the complete URLs
> of the songs, one on each line. The .wax redirector file has an xml
> structure, but it is simple to write once you see an example. An
> example for 2 songs is given in the WMP discussion on my media pages
> mentioned.
>
> The server must have the correct mime types for the file types used
> installed, but often this is already the case. If not, installing the
> mime types usually is fairly simple if you are allowed to do so
> yourself or if the person in control of the server will do it for you.
> The mime types used are given in my reference.

I have a wax redirector file for the WMP at
http://www.cwdjr.info/souearly/mix.wax . This plays several sounds in
sequence. Since the wax file switches so rapidly to a song url, it is
difficult to grab the source code. Thus I will copy the source code of
the wax file below.

<ASX VERSION="3.0">
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF="http://www.cwdjr.info/souearly/ColumbiaExpositionMarch.wma"
/>
</ENTRY>
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF="http://www.cwdjr.info/souearly/rkbumblebee_mid.mid" />
</ENTRY>
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF="http://www.cwdjr.info/souearly/cat3_wav.wav" />
</ENTRY>
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF="http://www.cwdjr.info/souearly/Caruso1903_mp3.mp3" />
</ENTRY>
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF="http://www.cwdjr.info/souearly/evillaugh_wav.wav" />
</ENTRY>
</ASX>

You will notice that you can mix wma, wav, mid, and mp3 files in the
playlist as done above.

Travis Newbury

"wr" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> How can i open few songs, one after another??

Depends, Flash, Media player, Real can all do this.

--
-=tn=-

Music and Games forum? ww_crimson Gaming 4 09-08-2006 07:07 AM
music? HackaX0rus The Lounge 10 07-11-2005 07:47 AM
Playing music over network Bill Wireless Networking 8 01-03-2005 12:36 PM
Saving website music / identify music berksposter Computer Support 6 10-19-2004 03:29 AM

Advertisments