Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to include HTML without border nor scroll

How to include HTML without border nor scroll

Asterbing

Hi all. I'm trying and don't succeed to include an HTML page into
another without any border nor visible scroll-bar. Even if I would like
something which will work under Netscape too, at this point, my tests
are made under IE6 with the following HTML files, using <object>,
<embed> and <iframe> :

The main HTML page :
********************
<head>
<title>HTML Include</title>
</head>
<u>Goal</u> : to include an HTML page without any border nor scroll
bars.
<b>OBJECT - no border : failure / no scroll : failure</b>
<object width="720" height="400" type="text/html" data="dummy.htm"
border="0"></object>
<b>EMBED - doesn't even succeed to include the HTML</b>
<embed width="720" height="400" type="text/html" src="dummy.htm">
</embed>
<b>IFRAME - no border : failure / no scroll : succes</b>
<iframe width="720" height="400" src="dummy.htm" scrolling="no">
</iframe>

The one to include :
********************
<head>
</head>
There's a saying that all you need are two ventriloquists and you've got
a convention. When more than 400 of them show up at Fort Mitchell, (near
Lexington, KY), it's a raucus, voice-tossing riot. That's recently what
happened at the 21st Annual Ventriloquist Convention. Covering this
event may seem the cushy assignment, but let me tell you, it was no
puppet show. Ventriloquists are a tad sensitive about their portrayal as
being...well...how shall I say this...silly. They are very serious about
their art. I guess they want people to laugh at their well-crafted
jokes, not the fact that they have their hands up some puppet's butt.
I'll let you make your own decision. The three day convention gave
"vents" a chance to get answers to pressing problems and challenges at
workshops on topics ranging from "figure maintenance" to "voice
manipulation." "My Fred is always falling off the stand," complains one
attendee during the figure maintenance segment. "It's probably a heavy
shoe problem," another vent responds. "I've seen it happen before." Pro
vents and amateurs intermingled in Kentucky with good humor and respect.
Like the diversity of the attendees, there was an equal assortment of
dummies. There were hippie dummies like the braided Wally Newton, a
Jewish baseball player, Draculas, yuppie dummies in jogging suits,
grandpa dummies with young ventriloquists and interracial couples--white
vents with black dolls. There are slick, male dummies that target
freckled female puppets with lines like, "That's a nice-lookin' figure
you've got!" And of course, there are the Howdy-Doodie looking dolls
whose looks defy their wise-ass personalities. What's the difference
between a pro and a "not-so-pro?" Well, the vents that keep their figure
as a permanent sidekick tend to be the amateurs. They're the ones who
have the figure cross its legs and move its head while a workshop is
being held. The novelty is still novel for them. Cute. Ventriloquism,
(from the latin,ventriloquus or belly talking,) is funny business. "It's
about making people laugh. It's entertainment." explains professional
ventriloquist Pete Michaels while his figure Buddy mocks the idea,
offering, "No, it's all about the dark side. We sit around with candles,
saying 'I am weird. I am weird.'" Their colleagues are often their
toughest crowd. Many vents resort to self-deprecation, to beat them to
the punch. Figures sport buttons saying, "I'm with a dummy," while
another figure complains, "Most of the other dummies brought real
ventriloquists!"

That's all.
How would you do ?

Spartanicus

Asterbing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all. I'm trying and don't succeed to include an HTML page into
>another without any border nor visible scroll-bar.

within another viewport, this is almost always a bad choice.

Look into a method that includes code and/or content by making it part
of the original document. The various methods to do that are S&R, server
side inclusion, or using a preprocessor.

--
Spartanicus

dorayme

> From: Asterbing <(E-Mail Removed)>

> There's a saying that all you need are two ventriloquists and you've got
> a convention. When more than 400 of them show up at Fort Mitchell, (near
> Lexington, KY), it's a raucus, voice-tossing riot. That's recently what
> happened at the 21st Annual Ventriloquist Convention. ...

OK now, time to put up another highly relevant thing at
http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/ventriloquist.html

--
dorayme

Asterbing

In article <d5flo1lhf0l39ctatkiu9nqp7qc4nrs0v4
@news.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> Asterbing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi all. I'm trying and don't succeed to include an HTML page into
> >another without any border nor visible scroll-bar.

> within another viewport, this is almost always a bad choice.
>
> Look into a method that includes code and/or content by making it part
> of the original document. The various methods to do that are S&R, server
> side inclusion, or using a preprocessor.

You don't reply to my question

Spartanicus

Asterbing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >Hi all. I'm trying and don't succeed to include an HTML page into
>> >another without any border nor visible scroll-bar.

>> within another viewport, this is almost always a bad choice.
>>
>> Look into a method that includes code and/or content by making it part
>> of the original document. The various methods to do that are S&R, server
>> side inclusion, or using a preprocessor.
>>

>You don't reply to my question

I dod, and I just dod it again!

--
Spartanicus