Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > All My FAQs revisited

All My FAQs revisited

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

JD wrote:

> Kim André Akerĝ wrote:
> > Yesterday, I received the backup files of AllMyFAQs.com from Jerry
> > Muelver himself, just so I could get a version up and running.
> >
> > The following two URLs point to the exact same location, so just use
> > the one you feel most comfortable with.
> >
> > http://allmyfaqs.net/
> > http://allmyfaqs.org/
> >
> > I had to make a few changes to make it work somewhat properly (it's
> > now read-only, and the "page index" link points to the .net domain
> > above). I know that some of the internal links are absolute (in
> > which case they point to the .net domain above).
> >
> > Let me know if you notice any errors that need to be fixed.

> On JavaScript FAQs -> Determine window size
>
> [ http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Determine_window_size ]
>
> "An example of this can be seen [here]" link is broken.

Thanks for letting me know. I removed the link, since I couldn't find
it anywhere on Kae Verens' current site, and neither parts of his old
site is indexed by the Internet Wayback Machine (thanks to his use of
robots.txt).

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Stewart Gordon

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc. wrote:
> "Kim André Akerĝ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Stewart Gordon wrote:

<snip>
>>> Why is this? Are you still working on getting the edit facility to
>>> work properly, or what?

>> According to the Internet Wayback Machine, the site hasn't been updated
>> since January 2003,

That's because it was stuck in read-only mode for quite a long time
before it finally went down altogether.

> The reason for this is because when we were hosting it, we discovered that
> the script used to power the site was insecure. It was allowing anyone,
> with malicious intent, to run code that could bring down the server. Patch
> the script and you should be fine.

I know about cross-site scripting, but don't see how that can be used to
bring down a server. Is there some other vulnerability I haven't heard of?

Stewart.

--

the 'group where everyone may benefit.