Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Grim reality...

Grim reality...

Travis Newbury

kchayka <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>> http://www.georgiaaquarium.org

> It's painfully slow to load, even on DSL. The layout doesn't
> adapt so well to my larger than average text size, either. It
> looks sloppy and unprofessional, just like most other image
> slice-and-splice designs. I'm underwhelmed, to say the least.

Yep, not a disagreement in then entie paragraph.

> I sent them a polite email about my less than wonderful
> experience at their site. We'll see if I get a response, and
> what kind it might be.

If you do get a response (unlikely) it wold be great if you posted it
here.

>> http://www.spunlogic.com/

> It appears that their understanding doesn't include varying
> browsing environments, and their clients' audiences don't
> include anyone with a vision problem....

Na, I think they know all the differences. I think they choose to
create websites this way because they sell. (That is obvious, look at
what is out there)

> BTW, their new City of Atlanta web site hurts my eyes, but at
> least that one seems to be usable with images off.

The spent a fortune (250k+) for a new "Atlanta Theme song" What they
came up with is some hip hop song where the hook sounds like a cop
telling some hoodlems to "put our hands up" (not kidding)

--
-=tn=-