Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Dear GNN

Dear GNN

Thundercat Stevens

And any other dumb site.

Please don't force me to remember my user name AND email address. If I am
in your database, send my user name to my email address when I request it.

Your site, she is broken. Fix her.

--
Pretty Good Pimp

http://www.bedoper.com

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

> And any other dumb site.
>
> Please don't force me to remember my user name AND email address. If I am
> in your database, send my user name to my email address when I request it.

What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw combination?

> Your site, she is broken. Fix her.

Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

--
Neredbojias

Thundercat Stevens

Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
>
>> And any other dumb site.
>>
>> Please don't force me to remember my user name AND email address. If
>> I am in your database, send my user name to my email address when I
>> request it.

> What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw combination?

Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After about
50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in the first
place.

>> Your site, she is broken. Fix her.

> Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

--
Pretty Good Pimp

http://www.bedoper.com

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
> >
> >> And any other dumb site.
> >>
> >> Please don't force me to remember my user name AND email address. If
> >> I am in your database, send my user name to my email address when I
> >> request it.

> > What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw combination?

> Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After about
> 50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in the first
> place.

I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
name/email set.

> >> Your site, she is broken. Fix her.

> > Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

> Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most popular
on the whole.

--
Neredbojias

Thundercat Stevens

Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
>
>> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

>> > What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw
>> > combination?

>> Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After
>> about 50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in
>> the first place.

> I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
> difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
> name/email set.

To clarify, all I should have to remember is my email address, which
doesn't ever change.

>> > Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

>> Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

> I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
> technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most
> popular on the whole.

Stupid standards! I have better things to do than get anal retentive
about technical details. It works in Firefox, good enough for me.

--
Thanks for Nothing, Amerikkka

http://www.bedoper.com

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
> >
> >> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After
> >> about 50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in
> >> the first place.

> > I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
> > difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
> > name/email set.

> To clarify, all I should have to remember is my email address, which
> doesn't ever change.

But anyone could enter your email address as you, couldn't they? In
this case perhaps the "username" really functions as a p/w to verify
your true identity.

> >> Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

> > I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
> > technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most
> > popular on the whole.

> Stupid standards! I have better things to do than get anal retentive
> about technical details. It works in Firefox, good enough for me.

It would help if all browsers interpreted and reacted to the standards
in the same fashion, yes. Unfortunately, they don't and probably won't
in my lifetime.

--
Neredbojias

Thundercat Stevens

Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
>
>> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

address.

After

>> > I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
>> > difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
>> > name/email set.

>> To clarify, all I should have to remember is my email address, which
>> doesn't ever change.

> But anyone could enter your email address as you, couldn't they? In
> this case perhaps the "username" really functions as a p/w to verify
> your true identity.

Can they also retrieve my password from my mailbox?

>> > I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
>> > technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most
>> > popular on the whole.

>> Stupid standards! I have better things to do than get anal retentive
>> about technical details. It works in Firefox, good enough for me.

> It would help if all browsers interpreted and reacted to the standards
> in the same fashion, yes. Unfortunately, they don't and probably won't
> in my lifetime.

Standards are so Nazi.

--
Thanks for Nothing, Amerikkka

http://www.bedoper.com

JDS

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:40:50 +0000, Thundercat Stevens wrote:

> Standards are so Nazi.

Und thus, godwin's law is invoked

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
| http://www.newtnotes.com

Thundercat Stevens

JDS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsan.2005.11.25.17.34.30.759498
@example.invalid:

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:40:50 +0000, Thundercat Stevens wrote:
>
>> Standards are so Nazi.

> Und thus, godwin's law is invoked

And YHBT.

--

Dear Canon ,Dear Panasonic,Dear Fuji... tiresia2@hotmail.it Digital Photography 1 08-15-2006 01:36 PM
OT: Dear Lord... Neil MCSE 13 01-24-2005 09:03 PM
Dear MCNGP Lost MCSE 3 05-17-2004 07:21 PM
Dear Sir . Mohammad Nowshad Sikder MCSE 5 10-10-2003 10:57 PM

Advertisments