Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > can visitors add comments to a Website?

can visitors add comments to a Website?

Dave

Hi,

I'm new at web design - use Dreamweaver MX2004.

I have a friend I'm designing a site for who wants to write literary
reviews. He wants his visitors to be able to publish their comments or
feedback immediately, appending it to the same page his review is on.

Is there a simple way to do this? Or would I have to hire someone to code
PHP etc?

thanks for any comments or pointers...

Dave

Dylan Parry

As if the love poetry wasn't enough, Dave just had to say:

> Is there a simple way to do this?

The simplest way I can think of is to install and customise some
Blogging software for your friend. That way, he'll have all the features
of a Blog already at hand, and you can design a template and customise
the site as per the instructions of whichever software you decide to go
with

--
Dylan Parry

Usenet: The first post is free, but the next will cost you your soul.

Matt

Dave,

If you can excuse the shameless plug, EditMe can do that for you. If
you host your site with EditMe, anyone can leave a comment on any page.
There are, of course, many other hosted web site products that provide
this functionality (google for free blog), or as Dylan points out, you
can install software on your current hosting account to do it for you
(though this is seldom a trivial task).

Cheers,
Matt

JDS

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:43:50 +0000, Dave wrote:

> Is there a simple way to do this? Or would I have to hire someone to code
> PHP etc?

Install Nucleus CMS, Wordpress, or other similar blogging packages.

See http://www.opensourcecms.com

No need to do your own coding.

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)