Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Formatting links

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Now that's a fine solution to a nonexistent problem.

> d) Don't use my name unless you send money.

My two cents. In the bank for you.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

David

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

>>(You can try it yourself and see the difference I'm talking about.)

> Well, I can't.

It is simple to put together a test in an editor, so technically, it should
be 'I won't'

> I don't believe you gave a URL.

Just for you, and everyone else:
http://www.randommonkeyworks.com/work/TEST.html

> Good grief, don't be so paranoid as to post with a different name every
> time.

Sorry. I hadn't used this account in a long time, and forgot how I had it
set up. When I realized my mistake (immediately after posting the original
post), I fixed the account.

Thanks for the help.

David

David

Barbara de Zoete wrote:

> There shouldn't be a difference in appearance between <h2>Welcome</h2>
> and <h2><a>Welcome</a></h2>. If there is, you probably have created
> the difference yourself by setting some font-size value for <a></a>.

Ah! You've got it! Thanks.

> Besides that, it doesn't matter what it looks like. Looks are something
> you take care of outside the markup, with css. Setup a style for the
> selector [ h2 a ].

Will do.

Thanks,
David

David

David wrote:

Barbara had it and it didn't immediately register until after I posted the
reply to you. Thanks for trying to help me, along with everyone else who
posted.

David

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Now that's a fine solution to a nonexistent problem.

Is there a reward?

> > d) Don't use my name unless you send money.

> My two cents. In the bank for you.

Two cents?? Phffft! I'm going back to javascript...

--
Neredbojias

David

Neredbojias wrote:
> With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:

Where did the term 'quill nor qualm' originate from? It seems to literally
indicate 'Without using a pen or being nauseated...', and that, in a way,
does not make sense, but I recall coming across the phrase before...

David

Jonathan N. Little

David wrote:
> Neredbojias wrote:
>
>> With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:

> Where did the term 'quill nor qualm' originate from? It seems to
> literally indicate 'Without using a pen or being nauseated...', and
> that, in a way, does not make sense, but I recall coming across the
> phrase before...

I don't think he meant the 'ill feeling like queasy' version of the word
but the variant 'An uneasy feeling about the propriety or rightness of a
course of action.' as use in the fairly common expression: 'Now qualms
about it'

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, David quothed:

> Neredbojias wrote:
> > With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:

> Where did the term 'quill nor qualm' originate from? It seems to literally
> indicate 'Without using a pen or being nauseated...', and that, in a way,
> does not make sense, but I recall coming across the phrase before...

I made it up (-not saying it wasn't made-up before, but I never saw it
if so.) As Jonathan suggested, the "qualm" means a feeling of doubt or
misgivings about something.

--
Neredbojias

dorayme

> From: Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)>

> With neither quill nor qualm, David quothed:
>
>> Neredbojias wrote:
>>> With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:

>> Where did the term 'quill nor qualm' originate from? It seems to literally
>> indicate 'Without using a pen or being nauseated...', and that, in a way,
>> does not make sense, but I recall coming across the phrase before...

> I made it up (-not saying it wasn't made-up before, but I never saw it
> if so.) As Jonathan suggested, the "qualm" means a feeling of doubt or
> misgivings about something.

No, no. A qualm is an astringent, highly intoxicating drink.
Occasionally, people do not have any in order to appear sharper
than usual when addressing bods at alt.html.

--
dorayme

Toby Inkster

Neredbojias wrote:

A is still inline, so can't contain an H2 element. (Just because you've
made it *look* like it's a block element, doesn't mean it really *is* a
block element!)

If you want a valid way of nesting an H2 element within an A element, both
of these will validate:

<a><object><h2>Hello</h2></object></a>

<a><noscript><h2>World</h2></noscript></a>

Though neither is likely to do what the OP wants.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS