Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > PHPBB problem

PHPBB problem

Paul Watt

Hi,
I installed phpbb on my website and all was well. All I did was "wrap" the
php on the index.php in my html to match the rest of my site. now I get a
load of unsightly error messages. why is this and what can I do about it?
the URL is www.depressionlink.co.uk/forum/

cheers in advance

Paul

Allis

"Paul Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dli38i$rtk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I installed phpbb on my website and all was well. All I did was "wrap" the
> php on the index.php in my html to match the rest of my site. now I get a
> load of unsightly error messages. why is this and what can I do about it?
> the URL is www.depressionlink.co.uk/forum/
>
> cheers in advance
>
> Paul

PHPbb is going to write the page headers when it loads.
You're already loading them with your HTML.

Get it?

If you must, maybe insert the Forum into your own index with the iFrame?
<IFRAME SRC="your-forum-path-goes-here"> </IFRAME>

Mo In Fo
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/ht...al/iframe.html

Usually, I find that if I read the error messages, it tells me what the
error is

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 206

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 207

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 478

Allis

Jerry Stuckle

Paul Watt wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed phpbb on my website and all was well. All I did was "wrap" the
> php on the index.php in my html to match the rest of my site. now I get a
> load of unsightly error messages. why is this and what can I do about it?
> the URL is www.depressionlink.co.uk/forum/
>
> cheers in advance
>
> Paul

Paul,

Look at the forums on the phpbbs website.

There are "right" ways and "wrong" ways to make it match the rest of
your site. Adding your own headers is a "wrong" way.

Rather, you need to modify the templates.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address

phpbb doesn't show up in firefox 1.5 jedihermit@jedihermit.com Firefox 0 01-16-2006 03:44 PM
phpbb doesn't show up in firefox1.5 jedihermit@jedihermit.com Firefox 0 01-16-2006 02:43 PM
phpBB Paul Watt HTML 19 01-06-2006 04:48 PM
Server 2003, MYSQL and PHPBB problems iisath Computer Support 0 11-17-2004 05:16 AM
open source forum like phpbb j Java 1 11-20-2003 07:09 AM

Advertisments