Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > .hta

Dennis

Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?

brucie

no. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...hubs/htas.mspx

> Is it worth pursuing to learn?

you'll have to make your own mind up.

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s

Andy Dingley

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:34:05 -0600, "Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?

No. It's an evil M$oft invention with appalling security holes.

Big Bill

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:21:40 +0000, Andy Dingley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:34:05 -0600, "Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?

>No. It's an evil M$oft invention with appalling security holes.

Like Windows.

BB

--
www.kruse.co.uk/ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
The buffalo have gone

Brian Cryer

"Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ISsbf.4195$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?

Its not new, I think its been around since the days of IE 5 (or maybe its
just backwards compatible)? I suspect it will tie you to IE and I very much
doubt it will work with any other browser. For this reason I'd stay away
from it.

Information I gleaned about it (not much):
http://www.cryer.co.uk/filetypes/h/hta.htm

Being cynical, its another idea from Microsoft to tie people into using
Microsoft products - in this case Internet Explorer.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

brucie

In post <news:(E-Mail Removed) >,
Big Bill said:

> BB

what are you doing over here? if you come over here i get to go over to
alt.internet.search-engines and hassle them about being obsessive
compulsives.

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s