Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Integratable E-Commerce Solutions ?

Integratable E-Commerce Solutions ?

Bob

I'm looking for an e-commerce package that can be integrated into a
site while maintaining the site's look. The packages I've found seem
to require use of their complete catalog like application as a "frame"
(not html frame, a visual frame) with their look, feel, and a whole
lot of extra noise. I think what I need is more of "hook in" modules
as opposed to a canned "just enter your products in the d/b & run"
turnkey application. I can write interface/cgi/asp/etc and page code
as needed.

What I need to find is something that will let me build the pages and
just hook in the products/db where appropriate - backed up by a
shopping cart, shipping, CC hook-in, a database for product ordering,
customers, etc. I don't have time to build it all from the ground up.
It needs to be customizable for color, look, etc to maintain branding.
I realize that the "shopping cart" pages have to get fairly generic
but I need the main pages to be more custom than "d/b generated
standard catalog look".

Ideas?

Thanks (yeah, I am new at e-commerce),

mark | r

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for an e-commerce package that can be integrated into a
> site while maintaining the site's look. The packages I've found seem
> to require use of their complete catalog like application as a "frame"
> (not html frame, a visual frame) with their look, feel, and a whole
> lot of extra noise. I think what I need is more of "hook in" modules
> as opposed to a canned "just enter your products in the d/b & run"
> turnkey application. I can write interface/cgi/asp/etc and page code
> as needed.
>
> What I need to find is something that will let me build the pages and
> just hook in the products/db where appropriate - backed up by a
> shopping cart, shipping, CC hook-in, a database for product ordering,
> customers, etc. I don't have time to build it all from the ground up.
> It needs to be customizable for color, look, etc to maintain branding.
> I realize that the "shopping cart" pages have to get fairly generic
> but I need the main pages to be more custom than "d/b generated
> standard catalog look".
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks (yeah, I am new at e-commerce),

you must be looking at real low end solutions (under 2k) we can customise
our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez -
www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at 2k)

Bob

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:58:40 -0000, "mark | r"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>you must be looking at real low end solutions (under 2k) we can customise
>our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez -
>www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at 2k)

We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.

Stuart

Bob wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:58:40 -0000, "mark | r"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> you must be looking at real low end solutions (under 2k) we can customise
>> our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez -
>> www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at 2k)
>>

> We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
> money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.

Consider D.I.Y?

--
Stuart Brown <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.edesign.cc

mark | r

"Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Gsmaf.1130$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bob wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:58:40 -0000, "mark | r"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> >> you must be looking at real low end solutions (under 2k) we can

customise
> >> our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my

warez -
> >> www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at 2k)
> >>

> > We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
> > money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.
> >

> Consider D.I.Y?
>
> --
> Stuart Brown <(E-Mail Removed)>
> http://www.edesign.cc

try actinic, its a complete arse to work with from a designers point of view
with included files in includes in includes... (you get the picture)
they do a solution for a few 100 pounds that sells 25 products or under with
a higher value solution costing 650

we used to use a product called astrosell which was brilliant to customise
but the companies no longer trading

seriously, does your client think they can open a highstreet shop for under
10k, they should be thinking along the same costs for good ecommerce (it
sounds harsh but we laugh in the face of people who cant stump up atleast
2-3 k )

people seem to be under the impression that you can become internet
millionnairs without spending anything...

mark