Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Problem with outlook and Mailto

Problem with outlook and Mailto

ChairShot@mail.com

Hi, I want to use MailTo: to send contents of a form to my email
address. Microsoft Outlook keeps popping up and disrupting everything.
If I was at home, I would just rip it out (uninstall), and that would
be that. But I can't do that on the PCs I am using.

What should I do?

David Dorward

> Hi, I want to use MailTo: to send contents of a form to my email
> address.

Stop right there mailto: doesn't work.

http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

JDS

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:28:39 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi, I want to use MailTo: to send contents of a form to my email address.
> Microsoft Outlook keeps popping up and disrupting everything. If I was at
> home, I would just rip it out (uninstall), and that would be that. But I
> can't do that on the PCs I am using.
>
> What should I do?

Huh? Well, then, where are you?

mailto: should never be used as the action="" in an HTML form. It should
always be a server-side component of some kind. Build one of those that
automails the form contents. What is the problem?

--
JDS | (E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

Travis Newbury

"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hi, I want to use MailTo: to send contents of a form to my email
> address.

<doing the Jedi mind control thing>
You don't want to use mailto...
</doing the Jedi mind control thing>

Google free form mail for a much better solution.

--
-=tn=-