Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML-code \input{file} (NOT FORM!)

HTML-code \input{file} (NOT FORM!)

Hans Dietmar Jaeger

Hi, I have to add in dozens of HTML pages a sequenz of HTML code, that I
have to change very often. So I do not want to insert the sequenz in
every HTML page directly!

How can I do this?

(Like in LaTeX the \input{file} command:
The \input command causes the indicated file to be read and processed,
exactly as if its contents had been inserted in the current file at that
point. The file name may be a complete file name with extension or just
a first name, in which case the file file.tex is used.)

Thank you!

jagger
--
www.jaggger.de

JDS

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:02:26 +0200, Hans Dietmar Jaeger wrote:

> Hi, I have to add in dozens of HTML pages a sequenz of HTML code, that I
> have to change very often. So I do not want to insert the sequenz in every
> HTML page directly!

look into SSI. Or an actual server-side scripting language such as PHP,
ASP, Perl, etc.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/ssi.html (Apache-specific example)
http://www.php.net/
http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp

etc.etc.

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

David Dorward

Hans Dietmar Jaeger wrote:
> Hi, I have to add in dozens of HTML pages a
> sequenz of HTML code, that I have to change
> very often. So I do not want to insert the
> sequenz in every HTML page directly!

> How can I do this?

http://web.archive.org/web/200410120...ile_in_another

Hans Dietmar Jaeger

David Dorward wrote:
> Hans Dietmar Jaeger wrote:
>>Hi, I have to add in dozens of HTML pages a
>>sequenz of HTML code, that I have to change
>>very often. So I do not want to insert the
>>sequenz in every HTML page directly!

>>How can I do this?

> http://web.archive.org/web/200410120...ile_in_another

That was a good hint (because I do not have access to PHP, ASP, the
Apache etc. of my service provider):

"Objects

Using the OBJECT tag with a type attribute of text/html will give
similar results to an IFRAME, but will be valid in Strict (X)HTML as
well. Support for OBJECT is very bad in older browsers [NS 4.x, Mozilla
1998/1999, MS 5.0 beta], so this method is best used only in controlled
conditions where the browsing environment can be known with certainty."

Thank you, David!

jagger
--
www.jaggger.de