Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Guestbook recommendations?

Guestbook recommendations?

I used to have a website at Geocities years ago and used their guestbook
service.
Is there anything I can use now on my own webspace which is freeware
(and preferably no ads etc.) or any script "thing" I can use to make my
own.
Sporry, but I don't know anything about scripts so am needing help from
the html community.
thanks

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [] on Wednesday 26 October 2005 15:17 \__

> I used to have a website at Geocities years ago and used their guestbook
> service.
> Is there anything I can use now on my own webspace which is freeware
> (and preferably no ads etc.) or any script "thing" I can use to make my
> own.
> Sporry, but I don't know anything about scripts so am needing help from
> the html community.
> thanks

One of your main concerns should be guestbook spam. That phenomenon is quite
prolific and has become a real plague due to automated scripts. Ever since I
changed over to Lazarus, I have not had a single item of spam.

http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/

Beforehand, spam flooded in on a daily basis. You will need to have decent
understanding of how to create a database and also be able to edit a few
variable in a PHP file.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 74572E8E

Guestbook Problems Oded Dror ASP .Net 1 01-31-2006 01:12 PM
Help with PERL guestbook (newbie) John Perl 5 06-24-2004 12:07 PM
Online Guestbook for couple getting married HTML 1 03-07-2004 11:51 PM
guestbook results NK HTML 3 09-01-2003 09:26 PM
guestbook Johan HTML 3 07-22-2003 10:30 PM

Advertisments