Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Does Firefox hate Debian or...?

Does Firefox hate Debian or...?

lets.monroe@gmail.com

Ok, I have a curious situation.

A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
four different urls. Said images are under this style...

#enlaces a:link
{
margin-top: 1px;
padding: 29 3 0 3;
border: 1px solid silver;
background-color: silver;
}

#enlaces a:hover
{
background-color: white;
}

Everything is correct. It works, when you hover the mouse over the
images the background rectangle changes and all. Ok.

The problem is, the style disappears when the image links to
http://www.debian.org

I mean, really. It works if you link it to http://www.someurl.com,
http://www.debia.org, http://www.debiar.org, it always works. But if
the link is http://www.debian.org then the silver background just does
not show. I thought just like you are thinking right now, "it must be
something else". But I swear the exact same page works for debiar,
debial or debiag. Just not if you change the word to debian.

Any clue?

Greetings.

Stuart

> Ok, I have a curious situation.
>
> A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
> four different urls. Said images are under this style...
>
> #enlaces a:link
> {
> margin-top: 1px;
> padding: 29 3 0 3;
> border: 1px solid silver;
> background-color: silver;
> }
>
> #enlaces a:hover
> {
> background-color: white;
> }
>
> Everything is correct. It works, when you hover the mouse over the
> images the background rectangle changes and all. Ok.
>
> The problem is, the style disappears when the image links to
> http://www.debian.org
>
> I mean, really. It works if you link it to http://www.someurl.com,
> http://www.debia.org, http://www.debiar.org, it always works. But if
> the link is http://www.debian.org then the silver background just does
> not show. I thought just like you are thinking right now, "it must be
> something else". But I swear the exact same page works for debiar,
> debial or debiag. Just not if you change the word to debian.
>
> Any clue?
>
> Greetings.

Don't forget to define the style for the :visited pseudoclass

--
Stuart Brown <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.edesign.cc

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, (E-Mail Removed) quothed:

> Ok, I have a curious situation.
>
> A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
> four different urls. Said images are under this style...
>
> #enlaces a:link
> {
> margin-top: 1px;
> padding: 29 3 0 3;
> border: 1px solid silver;
> background-color: silver;
> }
>
> #enlaces a:hover
> {
> background-color: white;
> }
>
> Everything is correct. It works, when you hover the mouse over the
> images the background rectangle changes and all. Ok.
>
> The problem is, the style disappears when the image links to
> http://www.debian.org
>
> I mean, really. It works if you link it to http://www.someurl.com,
> http://www.debia.org, http://www.debiar.org, it always works. But if
> the link is http://www.debian.org then the silver background just does
> not show. I thought just like you are thinking right now, "it must be
> something else". But I swear the exact same page works for debiar,
> debial or debiag. Just not if you change the word to debian.
>
> Any clue?

debian.org has already been *visited*.

--
Neredbojias

lets.monroe@gmail.com

>Don't forget to define the style for the :visited pseudoclass

>debian.org has already been *visited*.

Ouch!! That's pretty embarrasing, we both now feel like newbies

Thank you both very much, guys.

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Ok, I have a curious situation.
>
> A co-worker is preparing a website and he has four images linking to
> four different urls. Said images are under this style...
>
> #enlaces a:link
> {
> margin-top: 1px;
> padding: 29 3 0 3;

^ ^ ^ ^
Error in style, what are your units!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, (E-Mail Removed) quothed:

> >Don't forget to define the style for the :visited pseudoclass

> >debian.org has already been *visited*.

> Ouch!! That's pretty embarrasing, we both now feel like newbies
>
> Thank you both very much, guys.

Similar stuff has happened to me and <sigh> will undoubtedly happen
again.

--
Neredbojias