Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > XHTML + MathML + SVG validation

XHTML + MathML + SVG validation

Chris Chiasson

Hello all,
Does anyone have an idea why my page
http://chrischiasson.com/electrochemistry does not validate (
http://validator.w3.org/ )? On a related note, does anyone know why
there is so much vertical space above and below my SVG?
First time poster,

Toby Inkster

Chris Chiasson wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea why my page
> http://chrischiasson.com/electrochemistry does not validate (
> http://validator.w3.org/ )?

It looks to me like you're not using namespaces correctly, though I can't
see exactly what the problem is. Perhaps it doesn't like using
internally-defined entities to specify the namespace?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Chris Chiasson quothed:

> Hello all,
> Does anyone have an idea why my page
> http://chrischiasson.com/electrochemistry does not validate (
> http://validator.w3.org/ )? On a related note, does anyone know why
> there is so much vertical space above and below my SVG?
> First time poster,

Wow, I tried validating it as html 4.01 strict and got 1,276 errors!
That's gotta be a record. Nice going, dude!

Seriously, the xml validator has some limitations and you're probably
within their scope. I didn't see any figure 1 or image (or vertical
space), but surprisingly, your formulae and equations displayed well in
Mozilla even though it said I had to d/l a bunch of fonts to display it
correctly. -Not in Opera, though, and IE wouldn't load the page.

--
Neredbojias

Chris Chiasson

The graphics would not be visible unless the user had an SVG enabled
browser, such as Firefox 1.5 or higher.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Chris Chiasson quothed:

> The graphics would not be visible unless the user had an SVG enabled
> browser, such as Firefox 1.5 or higher.

Yes, I must have been using "Mozilla" before; saw the flask (and v-
space) in FF 1.5 beta 2 fine. Sorry that I can't answer your question
because I know zip about SVG.

--
Neredbojias

xmlBlueprint XML Editor 4.2 supports MathML and SVG xmlBlueprint Team XML 0 10-21-2006 09:10 AM
[SVG] probleme dessin d'images SVG avec Batik Mardagg Java 0 05-12-2006 02:13 PM
[SVG] problem with SVG image drawing with Batik Library Mardagg Java 0 05-12-2006 02:12 PM
MathML to SVG Tom XML 4 06-27-2005 09:06 PM
[SVG] using image-tag to integrate SVG in SVG Arne Nordmann XML 0 06-28-2004 01:16 PM

Advertisments