Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Graphic/Banner Design Software

Graphic/Banner Design Software

Matt

What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
websites?

Matt

Travis Newbury

"Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics
> for websites?

Anytime you ask for the"best" of anything, you wil receive subjective
answers:

Photoshop ($400 us)
PaintShop Pro ($99 us)
Gimp (free)

--
-=tn=-

Joseph S.

Matt wrote:
> What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
> websites?

If you want simple logos quickly, have a look at
(1) grsites.com - GRSites logo maker
(2) cooltext.com

Regards,
Joseph S.

Travis Newbury

Joseph S. wrote:
> If you want simple logos quickly, have a look at
> (1) grsites.com - GRSites logo maker
> (2) cooltext.com

These are good for a personal site, but if you want something
professional, look elsewhere...

--
-=tn=-

windandwaves

Matt wrote:
> What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
> websites?
>
> Matt

use a pencil and scan the image then touch it up in photoshop if you have
to.

Travis Newbury

windandwaves wrote:
> > What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
> > websites?

> use a pencil and scan the image then touch it up in photoshop if you have
> to.

If you have it (independently wealthy or your company has it), I would
scan and import the drawing into Adobe Illustrator, live trace it, then
export to Photoshop for the finishing touches.

--
-=tn=-

JDS

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:40:58 -0500, Matt wrote:

> What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
> websites?

There is a lot of software available. No tool will substitute for talent
and hard work, however. I have seen amazing graphics created with Windows
Paint and shitty graphics created in Photoshop.

No fancy software package will make a bad artist/designer into Picasso or
Mies van der Rohe. (Or substitute other artist if you are not a Picasso or
mvdr fan).

For zero dollars, I recommend Inkscape and Gimp. You can install and use
them for free and create anything that Adobe products will let you create.

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

Tha RagMan

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:40:58 -0500, "Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
>websites?

Go to xara.com and download webstyle and try it out. It is the best
thing I've found for banners, buttons and the like. The best part is
it is completely idiot proof which was a must for me.