Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Hide row in a table

Hide row in a table

Olivier

Hello,

I want to write some HTML code. The purpose of this is to create a
repository in which I can record informations.

I want to to that with a table. In the last cell of a row, I put an image
and when I click on this image, I want to display information contained in
the next row (which is hidden. It contains the abstract of document).

How could I do that ?

Thanks,

Olivier

Gary Dale

Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to write some HTML code. The purpose of this is to create a
> repository in which I can record informations.
>
> I want to to that with a table. In the last cell of a row, I put an image
> and when I click on this image, I want to display information contained in
> the next row (which is hidden. It contains the abstract of document).
>
> How could I do that ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Olivier

I have a better solution. Do a search on CSS menus. You will find a way
to make hovering the mouse over an element bring up some formerly hidden
other element. It basically involves changing the value of the display
attribute on hover.

Alternativelly, you can do the same in javascript / ecmascript, but why
bother?

David Dorward

Gary Dale wrote:

> You will find a way to make hovering the mouse over an element bring up
> some formerly hidden other element.

> Alternativelly, you can do the same in javascript / ecmascript, but why
> bother?

Scripting gives two major benefits:

(1) Support by Internet Explorer without having very odd (and often very
poor) link content.

(2) Ease of adding keyboard control (not everybody uses a pointing device).

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Olivier

I find a solution based on a small javacript code. But the space of the
hidden row is always present. Is there a way to avoid this phenomena ?

Thanks

Olivier

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:djg6q4$jea$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gary Dale wrote:
>
> > You will find a way to make hovering the mouse over an element bring up
> > some formerly hidden other element.

> > Alternativelly, you can do the same in javascript / ecmascript, but why
> > bother?

> Scripting gives two major benefits:
>
> (1) Support by Internet Explorer without having very odd (and often very
> poor) link content.
>
> (2) Ease of adding keyboard control (not everybody uses a pointing

device).

> Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

David Dorward

Olivier wrote:

Please do NOT top post.
http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost

> I find a solution based on a small javacript code. But the space of the
> hidden row is always present. Is there a way to avoid this phenomena ?

Its difficult to tell why something has an effect without knowing the
specifics of the "something". I suggest you post a URL demonstrating your
problem.

(at an outside guess I'd say you need to toggle the .style.display property
between "" and "none" instead of the .style.visibility property between ""
and "hidden" - but that's just a guess)

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is