Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML content in a dll file or EXE

HTML content in a dll file or EXE

keerthana_m_2003@yahoo.com

I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
internet explorer. How can this be done.

Thanks

rf

> I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
> make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
> can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
> internet explorer. How can this be done.

It can't be done.

--
Cheers
Richard.

Travis Newbury

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
> make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
> can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
> internet explorer. How can this be done.

You are talking nonsense. What are you REALLY trying to accomplish
with this?

--
-=tn=-

Greg N.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
> make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
> can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
> internet explorer. How can this be done.

So you want one dll file plus one exe file plus one html file.

Is it limited to those files, or would you also accept a zip file, a php
interpreter, a php file?

Or was that a typo, you really want only one file, be it dll, exe, or
html or whatever?

Where would you like those files (or this file) to reside? On a CDROM?
On a server? On the user's harddisk?

--
Gregor's Motorradreisen:
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

cwdjrxyz@yahoo.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
> make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
> can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
> internet explorer. How can this be done.

I am not certain I understand what you want to do, but I am guessing
that what you need is to create a self extracting SFX archive. This
type of compression is used to compress a collection of various files
that may include html, text, image, etc types. It has an extension of
..exe. When you click on the icon for this type of file twice it opens
to decompress all of the files automatically. One can also encrypt such
files so that only someone with the key can open them. I use
GlobalScape's CuteZip, and it allows creation of such files, including
encrypted ones. Likely other compression programs can do this also. The
common .zip file is just one of many types of archive formats, and it
is not always the best for many applications.

Thomas Mlynarczyk

Also sprach (E-Mail Removed):

> I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want
> to make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file
> which can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
> internet explorer. How can this be done.

Sounds like you're looking for M$ HTML help files (*.chm). Take a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ls/htmlhelp/ch
m/hh1start.htm

cwdjrxyz@yahoo.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
> > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
> > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
> > internet explorer. How can this be done.

> I am not certain I understand what you want to do, but I am guessing
> that what you need is to create a self extracting SFX archive. This
> type of compression is used to compress a collection of various files
> that may include html, text, image, etc types. It has an extension of
> .exe. When you click on the icon for this type of file twice it opens
> to decompress all of the files automatically. One can also encrypt such
> files so that only someone with the key can open them. I use
> GlobalScape's CuteZip, and it allows creation of such files, including
> encrypted ones. Likely other compression programs can do this also. The
> common .zip file is just one of many types of archive formats, and it
> is not always the best for many applications.

I have an example of the type of SFX file, also known as a cabinet
file, at http://www.cwdjr.info/temp/selfExtractCabFile.exe . The
disadvantage of this type of file for general use on the web is that
many people will not open a .exe file unless they know and trust the
source of the code. Anyway, the archive file contains a folder which
contains 4 pages which are html, text, and 2 images. If you decide to
download this, I suggest you create an empty folder, and select to
download to it. Then you can double click the archive file icon and
select to open to the folder in which it is contained to generate the
uncompressed files.

keerthana_m_2003@yahoo.com

I want one html file. I will open with some explorer (netscape or IE).
My content should be hidden in some other archive (i donno what to use,
may be dll, exe or some other stuff).
Basically, I dont want a third party to see my code, images seprately.
They should be packaged in some form.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Greg N. wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I have designed a web page containing many pages and figures. I want to
> > make a single dll file or EXE file. I want one single html file which
> > can extract the pages from these exe or dll files and display in
> > internet explorer. How can this be done.

> So you want one dll file plus one exe file plus one html file.
>
> Is it limited to those files, or would you also accept a zip file, a php
> interpreter, a php file?
>
> Or was that a typo, you really want only one file, be it dll, exe, or
> html or whatever?
>
> Where would you like those files (or this file) to reside? On a CDROM?
> On a server? On the user's harddisk?
>
> --
> Gregor's Motorradreisen:
> http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

Stuart

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Basically, I dont want a third party to see my code.

Define 'code'. You can't reliably hide HTML or any client-side code from
the user, nor should you want to.

Server-side scripts and source code *are* generally hidden, though.

--
Stuart Brown <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.edesign.cc

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I want one html file. I will open with some explorer (netscape or IE).
> My content should be hidden in some other archive (i donno what to use,
> may be dll, exe or some other stuff).
> Basically, I dont want a third party to see my code, images seprately.
> They should be packaged in some form.
> Any help is appreciated.

Once the dll/exe/whatever displays the page to your browsers all your
HTML source & images are visible and accessible! Rethink your situation,
web is not the way, a compiled application hides its source....

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO