Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Strange Question

Strange Question

gary.hibbard@gmail.com

Hello everybody,

I have an HTML document with an IFRAME that points to an external
website, for our purposes I will describe this site best as a news site
(ex: news.google.com). My document's function is to automatically
reload the IFRAME at the bottom with the specified URL at a pre-defined
interval. That function works great.

Problem is, I would like to have a function included that checks to see
if anything has been added or changed to the page loaded in the IFRAME
(ex: a new story comes out and news.google.com's page updates). I am
aware that both sites are hosted on different domains and I can't
control the content in the IFRAME. But does anybody know of a way I
can check the file size or some other attribute of the contents of the
IFRAME that would hint that the page loaded within it has changed?

Thanks everybody,
-Gary

Travis Newbury

> I have an HTML document with an IFRAME that points to an external
> website, for our purposes I will describe this site best as a news site
> (ex: news.google.com). My document's function is to automatically
> reload the IFRAME at the bottom with the specified URL at a pre-defined
> interval. That function works great.
> Problem is, I would like to have a function included that checks to see
> if anything has been added or changed to the page loaded in the IFRAME...

Look at innerhtml

Disclaimer: It won't work all the time.

--
-=tn=-

AVG Email Scanner activating at strange times with strange IP addresses dennispublic@hotmail.com Computer Support 1 08-26-2006 04:27 AM
strange VHDL syntax question Michael Riepe VHDL 1 10-11-2004 05:49 PM
Strange Question... Dragon MCSE 17 01-16-2004 07:21 PM
Question About Strange 'C' Code Syntax ( Well strange to me anyway ) Harvey Twyman C Programming 8 10-25-2003 05:54 AM
Strange question unknown ASP .Net 0 10-17-2003 02:19 AM

Advertisments