Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > explaining web standards to clients

explaining web standards to clients

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, TJ quothed:

> Travis Newbury wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Had that contract let you go you would have won because you did
> > what you believed was right. I do the same.

> Then you're as big a fool as the OP.
>
> You're asking me to believe that you'd deliberately throw away money over
> "web-morals" = nothing?
>
> What the hell? If you're not trolling this group is more f-ed up than I
> thought.

You would have made a good Nazi.

> It's like some kind of Televangelist thing with bits of useful info thrown
> in for distraction. LOL!
>
> Y'all GO!
>
> Please! You ALL keep fighting the "good fight". PLEASE!
>
> Y'all just keep making sure your sites are drab, dull, W3C compliant, and
> boring.
>
> Meanwhile? I'll keep giving my clients all the purple, spinny-things they
> want, snatch tips from this group, and continue taking $ out of your
> collective pockets.
>
> Sheesh! For folks that are so obviously *very* intelligent, most of ya
> sure are stupid in your own special ways.

Money isn't everything. To some, moral fiber is more important.

--
Neredbojias

tm

Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Money isn't everything. To some, moral fiber is more important.

Fiber is key. Money can't, ferinstance, buy you a new colon.

Travis Newbury

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>> Had that contract let you go you would have won because you did
>> what you believed was right. I do the same.

> Then you're as big a fool as the OP.

How so? Because I would tell the client that I though "something"
was dumb, but when he disagreed with me I go ahead and do it for
them? How is that dumb?

> You're asking me to believe that you'd deliberately throw away
> money over "web-morals" = nothing?

No, read what I said. You have to both READ and UNDERSTAND what
you read or your reply makes you sound really stupid.

> What the hell? If you're not trolling this group is more f-ed
> up than I thought.

Bummer you think that way. Well it was good knowing you, have a
safe trip...

> Y'all just keep making sure your sites are drab, dull, W3C
> compliant, and boring.

You really should lurk a while so you understand the personalities
here. I am probably the biggest proponent for Flash and non-dull
sites. Which can only make me believe that it is you that is
trolling...

> Meanwhile? I'll keep giving my clients all the purple,
> spinny-things they want, snatch tips from this group, and
> continue taking $ out of your collective pockets.

1. Read the post.
2. Understand what you read.
3. Make your reply.

(You seemed to have missed step 2)

> Sheesh! For folks that are so obviously *very* intelligent,
> most of ya sure are stupid in your own special ways.

Are we now?

--
-=tn=-

Travis Newbury

tm <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Money isn't everything. To some, moral fiber is more important.

> Fiber is key. Money can't, ferinstance, buy you a new colon.

Acually the University if Arkasas has created one, so you can in-fact
buy a new colon.

--
-=tn=-

Travis Newbury

dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> You are a disgraceful
> trollop Travis, a taxi for hire, a mercenary with no morals...

I am a taxi for hire in the sense that I will tell the customer the
road is bad,but if they insist on driving down that road, I will
guide them.

> I want that you should attend my Thurs evening Ethics classes...
> (Credit card details please?)

visa 4560 1000 1645 1071 4181

> (Do note the smiley Travis, and you also take a couple of chill
> pills, I took mine as you suggested!)

If one gets upset over something writen in alt.html, they really need
to move on.

--
-=tn=-

Travis Newbury

dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> No, Parry has hit the nail on the head about stalling,
> influencing etc. That is the real world. You have a fantasy
> picture of a hard bitten remorseless uncompromising world. Don't
> be so cynical.

Interesting, I see it differently. I see Parry as the cynical one by
leaving his client in a lurch if the client does not do what Parry
says.

Tell me again, who's website is it?

--
-=tn=-

Travis Newbury

dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> I like this. I like it a lot. Travis, you are facing a solid
> wall of integrity here. Stop fighting, You are lost.

Na, we just disagree.

--
-=tn=-

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Travis Newbury scraped:

I see you two as really ****ing me off calling me by my surname.

--
Dylan Parry

tm

Travis Newbury wrote:
> tm said:
> > Neredbojias wrote:

> >> Money isn't everything. To some, moral fiber is more important.

> > Fiber is key. Money can't, ferinstance, buy you a new colon.

> Acually the University if Arkasas has created one, so you can in-fact
> buy a new colon.

Please post a link. Not that I need one right now, but you can never
be to careful.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Dylan Parry quothed:

> Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Travis Newbury scraped:
>
> > I see Parry as the cynical one

> I see you two as really ****ing me off calling me by my surname.

But "Dylan" is so avante garde. IOW, weird.

--
Neredbojias