Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Copyright

Copyright

Luigi Donatello Asero

Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
which is on my
website without writing the complete adress of the source?
http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

SpaceGirl

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
> 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
> which is on my
> website without writing the complete adress of the source?
> http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
> Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?

Google indexes millions of images. The idea I suppose is that if someone
is looking for a map, they find it via google images, get the one from
your site. If they then want to use it for something they need to
contact you.

As for stopping google from indexing images from your site, ask yourself
this; your entire SITE appears via google searches, yes? So why not images?

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
# explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
# to duplicate this post.

Arne

Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:

> Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
> 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
> which is on my
> website without writing the complete adress of the source?
> http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
> Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?

Because it's on a https URL?

Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

--
/Arne
Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote

Luigi Donatello Asero

"SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
> > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
> > which is on my
> > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
> > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
> > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
> >

> Google indexes millions of images. The idea I suppose is that if someone
> is looking for a map, they find it via google images, get the one from
> your site. If they then want to use it for something they need to
> contact you.

I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
already had problems with that because
someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published a
map on another website.
The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with them.

> As for stopping google from indexing images from your site, ask yourself
> this; your entire SITE appears via google searches, yes? So why not

images?

> --
>

> x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
>
> # lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
> # remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
> # this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
> # explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
> # to duplicate this post.

> As for stopping google from indexing images from your site, ask yourself
> this; your entire SITE appears via google searches, yes? So why not

images?

This is not the problem. The problem is that they did not write the source
below the image
Compare the way my map has been displayed with the way Google displayed the
others.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/karta-italien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
>
> > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
> > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
> > which is on my
> > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
> > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
> > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
> >

> Because it's on a https URL?

Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress
"https etc. etc" no domain name and then the file?
Would it not be better
https:domainname and then dot dot ?
For example
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/....

> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

Thank you.
The problem is more complex, though, because they still index the map which
has been put on another website without my permission although the map is
not
longer there (see my previous post in this thread)

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/karta-italien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:6Pb4f.36076$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
> >
> > > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
> > > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
> > > which is on my
> > > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
> > > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
> > > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
> > >

> > Because it's on a https URL?

> Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress

beginning
--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/karta-italien.php

Arne

Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:

> "Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
>>
>> > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
>> > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
>> > which is on my
>> > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
>> > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
>> > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
>> >

>> Because it's on a https URL?

> Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress
> "https etc. etc" no domain name and then the file?
> Would it not be better
> https:domainname and then dot dot ?
> For example
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/....
>
>> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
>> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

> Thank you.
> The problem is more complex, though, because they still index the map which
> has been put on another website without my permission although the map is
> not
> longer there (see my previous post in this thread)

Youy can't do much about what allready happend, but if you like to
avoid it in the future (try at least), then do as they advice here:

http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html#images
(add a robot.txt file)

--
/Arne
Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote
* How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
* From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
>
> > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
> > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
> > which is on my
> > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
> > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
> > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
> >

> Because it's on a https URL?
>
> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)
>
> --
> /Arne
> Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote
> * How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
> * From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

They published some instructions for website administrators to let
Google remove a certain image from the search engine.
"Ta bort en bild från Googles bildsökning"
But how do I do with the image which has been published without permission
on the other site and which has been removed by that site after I got i
touch with them and asked them kindly to do so?
(If there were other sites which get many visits every day and would like to
publish the map on the website writing the source, that means the URL of the
website of my one-man business,
they should get in touch with me via e-mail or fax or by letter and ask me
if they could do so)
--
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
>
> > "Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Because it's on a https URL?

> > Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress
> > "https etc. etc" no domain name and then the file?
> > Would it not be better
> > https:domainname and then dot dot ?
> > For example
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/....
> >
> >> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
> >> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

> > Thank you.
> > The problem is more complex, though, because they still index the map

which
> > has been put on another website without my permission although the map

is
> > not
> > longer there (see my previous post in this thread)
> >

> Youy can't do much about what allready happend, but if you like to
> avoid it in the future (try at least), then do as they advice here:
>
> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html#images
> (add a robot.txt file)

Ok.
I began with this

Disallow: /images/ITALYJ.jpg
Disallow:/images/ITALY.gif

and saved it as robots.txt
within www.

Is that right?

--
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

Arne

Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
> "Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
>>
>> > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
>> > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
>> > which is on my
>> > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
>> > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta+Italien&hl=sv
>> > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
>> >

>> Because it's on a https URL?
>>
>> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
>> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)
>>
>> --
>> /Arne
>> Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote
>> * How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
>> * From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

> They published some instructions for website administrators to let
> Google remove a certain image from the search engine.
> "Ta bort en bild från Googles bildsökning"
> But how do I do with the image which has been published without permission
> on the other site and which has been removed by that site after I got i
> touch with them and asked them kindly to do so?
> (If there were other sites which get many visits every day and would like to
> publish the map on the website writing the source, that means the URL of the
> website of my one-man business,
> they should get in touch with me via e-mail or fax or by letter and ask me
> if they could do so)

You mean, if someone do it like Google do, linking to your image on
your server (website) and not copy it for use on their own server?

Linking to the image on your server is called hotlinking and if you
are on a Apache web server, you can use mod_rewrite and .htaccess to
prevent any web page other than your own from accessing your images
(Google for hotlinking). One page where you can see how to do it:
http://www.internet-search-engines-f...-linking.shtml

As soon as you publish something on a website, you are also in risk
that somebody can copy the whole or a part of the content, and upload
it to their own server, for use on their own site even without your
approval. That's something you can't prevent really. Just do what you
allready did, if you find the copied content on a site where it should
not be. If it's not removed, you can complain to the websites host and
maybee sue the owner of the website if you feel it's worth it.