Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Cannot find site on Google

Cannot find site on Google

Borrox

Hi
Uploaded a site and added it to Google
http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot find it.

Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a while
for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using Dreamweaver (my
first with this) and have added the meta tags in the header, well you will
see all that when you look at the source I suppose.

Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.

Many thanks

Nig

Jackmac

"Borrox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dinunf$g74$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Hi
> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot find it.
>
> Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
> while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
> Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
> header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I suppose.
>
> Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Nig

Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page unless
you pay for them to do that quicker. It is likely to appear at some point
in the future, but unfortunately not sure when that would be.

If you look here:

http://searchenginewatch.com/

there's info on the various search engines which will hopefully be of help.

PeterMcC

Jackmac wrote in
<dinv9f$e8v$(E-Mail Removed)>

> "Borrox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dinunf$g74$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>> Hi
>> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
>> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot
>> find it.
>>
>> Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
>> while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
>> Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
>> header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I
>> suppose.
>>
>> Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Nig

> Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page
> unless you pay for them to do that quicker.

<snip>

Not sure about paying Google to index the site more quickly - do you have a
citation for that?

The best way to get listed in Google is by getting a link from an already
Google-indexed site - the higher the PR of the linking site the better.

The site will be crawled when the linking page is crawled - high PR pages
get crawled several times a day, low PR pages can take weeks and
occasionally months. The easiest way to see when Google has indexed the page
is to search Google for:
http://216.239.59.104/search?sourcei....com/index.htm

The result will show you whether Google has your page in its index.

Once that's there, Google will spider your site, index the whole site, and
eventually ascribe a PR value to each page. That's the part of the process
that can take some time depending on a number of factors, some site
specific, some to do with where Google is in its own update cycle. Google's
backlinks listing used to be recalculated on a monthly schedule but lately
it's stretched to several months between updates.

If you get the Google toolbar, that will give you easily accessed info about
the extent to which Google "sees" your site.

http://toolbar.google.com/

Currently only available for IE and FF

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Borrox

"Jackmac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dinv9f$e8v$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Borrox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dinunf$g74$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>> Hi
>> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
>> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot find
>> it.
>>
>> Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
>> while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
>> Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
>> header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I suppose.
>>
>> Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Nig

> Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page
> unless you pay for them to do that quicker. It is likely to appear at
> some point in the future, but unfortunately not sure when that would be.
>
> If you look here:
>
> http://searchenginewatch.com/
>
> there's info on the various search engines which will hopefully be of
> help.

Thanks Jackmac

Theres loads of useful stuff there! I am pleased it loads quickly. I believe
in the 'KISS' idea, as long as it gets the point over and the info is quick
to access. I suppose after a while I might introduce a few more things but
not much.

Nig

Borrox

"PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434f88bf$0$29081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jackmac wrote in
> <dinv9f$e8v$(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> "Borrox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dinunf$g74$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>>> Hi
>>> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
>>> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot
>>> find it.
>>>
>>> Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
>>> while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
>>> Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
>>> header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I
>>> suppose.
>>>
>>> Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Nig

>> Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page
>> unless you pay for them to do that quicker.

> <snip>
>
> Not sure about paying Google to index the site more quickly - do you have
> citation for that?
>
> The best way to get listed in Google is by getting a link from an already
> Google-indexed site - the higher the PR of the linking site the better.
>
> The site will be crawled when the linking page is crawled - high PR pages
> get crawled several times a day, low PR pages can take weeks and
> occasionally months. The easiest way to see when Google has indexed the
> page
> is to search Google for:
> http://216.239.59.104/search?sourcei....com/index.htm
>
> The result will show you whether Google has your page in its index.
>
> Once that's there, Google will spider your site, index the whole site, and
> eventually ascribe a PR value to each page. That's the part of the process
> that can take some time depending on a number of factors, some site
> specific, some to do with where Google is in its own update cycle.
> Google's
> backlinks listing used to be recalculated on a monthly schedule but lately
> it's stretched to several months between updates.
>
> If you get the Google toolbar, that will give you easily accessed info
> about
> the extent to which Google "sees" your site.
>
> http://toolbar.google.com/
>
> Currently only available for IE and FF
>
> --
> PeterMcC
> If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
> inappropriate or offensive in any way,
> please ignore it and accept my apologies.

Hi PeterMcC
Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac. Oh
well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a site with
Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could link to him and
vice-versa.
Many thanks
Nig

PeterMcC

Borrox wrote in
<diobbp$kks$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>
<snip>
> Hi PeterMcC
> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
> link to him and vice-versa.

I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure that you
get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine position
in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far as
Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Jackmac

"PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434fb498$0$15062$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Borrox wrote in
> <diobbp$kks$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>
> <snip>
>> Hi PeterMcC
>> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
>> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
>> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
>> link to him and vice-versa.

> I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure that
> you
> get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
> position
> in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far as
> Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"

That was a nice gesture Peter. Good to see the community actively helping
each other! Well done!

Borrox

"PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434fb498$0$15062$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Borrox wrote in
> <diobbp$kks$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>
> <snip>
>> Hi PeterMcC
>> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
>> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
>> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
>> link to him and vice-versa.

> I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure that
> you
> get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
> position
> in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far as
> Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"
>
> --
> PeterMcC
> If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
> inappropriate or offensive in any way,
> please ignore it and accept my apologies.

Hi Peter
That is such a nice gesture and much appreciated. I really did not know that
there was that level of goodwill still surviving! I don't know what to say.
All that I can offer in return is to link to your site.
Nig

PeterMcC

Jackmac wrote in
<diodpd$tph$(E-Mail Removed)>

> "PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:434fb498$0$15062$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Borrox wrote in
>> <diobbp$kks$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>
>> <snip>
>>> Hi PeterMcC
>>> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
>>> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
>>> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
>>> link to him and vice-versa.

>> I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure
>> that you
>> get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
>> position
>> in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far
>> as Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"
>>

> That was a nice gesture Peter. Good to see the community actively
> helping each other! Well done!

I don't think there's any need for sarcasm

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

PeterMcC

Borrox wrote in
<dioekh$lti$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>

> "PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:434fb498$0$15062$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Borrox wrote in
>> <diobbp$kks$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>
>> <snip>
>>> Hi PeterMcC
>>> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
>>> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
>>> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
>>> link to him and vice-versa.

>> I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure
>> that you
>> get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
>> position
>> in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far
>> as Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"
>>

> Hi Peter
> That is such a nice gesture and much appreciated. I really did not
> know that there was that level of goodwill still surviving! I don't
> know what to say. All that I can offer in return is to link to your
> site.

Oh, do be quiet! It's Friday afternoon and, as it happens, I've used up my
week's supply of malevolence. Come back on Monday when I'm fully charged
with unpleasantness once more and see what happens.