Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Float:right in position: absolute messed up in firefox

Float:right in position: absolute messed up in firefox

Mark Parnell

In our last episode, <(E-Mail Removed)> pronounced to alt.html:

> Hmn. nevermind, google groups seemed to have messed this one up
> himself, i just realized the post titles were different. wtf?

No, Gary posted it as a reply to your original post - that's why it
appears as part of the same thread. But let's give him the benefit of
the doubt - it was probably an accident.

BTW: Don't forget to quote the text you are replying to.

--
Mark Parnell
http://clarkecomputers.com.au

Joel Shepherd

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> Why is everyone telling me to validate?

Because validation can catch some fundamental errors in your markup,
errors that will trip up browsers and that you might not be sharp enough
to catch yourself. That's not meant as an insult. The fact is that
presented with a page of markup, a validator will flawlessly and
reliably pick out badly-formed constructs, whereas your weary eyes are
nowhere near as reliable.

Sometimes those fundamental errors are the cause of the observed
problem. It makes sense to use a tool like a validator first and correct
any badly-formed markup, _before_ calling in the meatware for help.
It'll save you and everyone else time.

--
Joel.

Gary Dale

Mark Parnell wrote:
> In our last episode, <(E-Mail Removed)> pronounced to alt.html:
>

>>Hmn. nevermind, google groups seemed to have messed this one up
>>himself, i just realized the post titles were different. wtf?

> No, Gary posted it as a reply to your original post - that's why it
> appears as part of the same thread. But let's give him the benefit of
> the doubt - it was probably an accident.
>
> BTW: Don't forget to quote the text you are replying to.

My apologies to everyone. I've been having trouble getting messages to
post for some reason. If I post to alt.html, it never shows up. I tried
doing a reply to then changing the subject line, hoping it would create
a new thread, but it didn't.

Anyway, I solved my major problem. It appears that the cellspacing html
attribute defaults to a non-zero value and there is no corresponding css
value to set. I need to specify cellspacing="0" in every table I create.

I'm still not sure what's happening with the images - why they seem to
have a bottom spacing - but that's not as critical.

Jonathan N. Little

Gary Dale wrote:

> My apologies to everyone. I've been having trouble getting messages to
> post for some reason. If I post to alt.html, it never shows up. I tried
> doing a reply to then changing the subject line, hoping it would create
> a new thread, but it didn't.

In Thunderbird hitting reply then changing the message subject does not
create a new thread, like I have modified the subject in this message.
To create a new thread you can either click and highlight the appropriate
newsgroup in the folder window on the left then click the new message
button, or click the new message button and the "To:" with the dropdown
to "Newsgroup:" and type in the newsgroup "alt.html"...The important
thing is you must click the "New Message" button to create a new thread
not the "Reply" button.

--
Take care,

Jonathan