Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > which font is this?

which font is this?

eels

Hello,

which font is used on page http://www.vandervossen.net/ ?

Thank's for your help, Eels.

Mark Parnell

In our last episode, eels <(E-Mail Removed)> pronounced to alt.html:

> which font is used on page http://www.vandervossen.net/ ?

From the stylesheet:

body { font-family: baskerville, palatino, "Palatino Linotype", georgia,
serif; }

The first of the above available on your computer (if you don't have any
of the 4 specific fonts, whatever your default serif font is).

> Thank's for your help, Eels.

I'm Mark, but you're welcome.

--
Mark Parnell
http://clarkecomputers.com.au

rf

eels wrote:

> Hello,
>
> which font is used on page http://www.vandervossen.net/ ?

Did you look at the source?

font-family: baskerville, palatino, "Palatino Linotype", georgia, serif;

Off hand I would say it is my default serif font, since I don't have any of
those other ones. No. I lie, it is georgia, as I *do* have that one
installed.

> Thank's for your help, Eels.

No problem.
--
Cheers
Richard.

eels

Hello,
Thank's for your help.
But how do you read the stylesheet?
Eels

Mark Parnell

In our last episode, eels <(E-Mail Removed)> pronounced to alt.html:

> But how do you read the stylesheet?

Are you asking how to find the stylesheet? Look at the HTML, and find
<link rel="stylesheet" ... >

In this case the relevant line is the first one:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, print, projection"
title="Default" href="style/default.css" />

So the stylesheet is located at
http://www.vandervossen.net/style/default.css

Or are you asking how to understand the stylesheet once you've found it?
For that, you'll need to learn some basic CSS.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/

--
Mark Parnell
http://clarkecomputers.com.au
alt.html FAQ :: http://html-faq.com/

eels

Hello,
I didn't know that I can read the stylesheets in the browser.
Thank's for this hint!!
Have a nice day, Eels

Mark Parnell

In our last episode, eels <(E-Mail Removed)> pronounced to alt.html:

> Thank's for this hint!!

You're welcome. Here's another:

http://www.ah61.com/Quoting/googlequote.html

--
Mark Parnell
http://clarkecomputers.com.au
alt.html FAQ :: http://html-faq.com/

Andy Dingley

eels wrote:

> But how do you read the stylesheet?

As Mark said, you can follow the link. However this sometimes gets
complicated, if there are many different stylesheets being referenced.
Feeding the HTML page to a CSS validator (like the one at
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/) will usually return a "flattened"
view of the CSS that may be easier to find your way around.

Els

Andy Dingley wrote:

> eels wrote:
>
>> But how do you read the stylesheet?

> As Mark said, you can follow the link. However this sometimes gets
> complicated, if there are many different stylesheets being referenced.
> Feeding the HTML page to a CSS validator (like the one at
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/) will usually return a "flattened"
> view of the CSS that may be easier to find your way around.

Or, you could install the Web Developer Toolbar in Firefox, and click
a button that says 'view CSS', which results in a list of all styles,
both in the styleblock, and in separate stylesheets.
'edit CSS' shows those stylesheets tabbed in the left of the window,
where you can edit them (temporarily) to see changes live in the page
on the right.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

JDS

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:21:40 -0700, eels wrote:

> Hello,
>
> which font is used on page http://www.vandervossen.net/ ?
>
> Thank's for your help, Eels.

Well, since I don't have any of the suggested fonts installed, it is just
"serif".

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid