Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Cancel out CSS

Cancel out CSS

Smitro

Hi,

I'm in the middle of writing CMS. One part of the
CMS allows users to create there own pages with my
header and my footer.

As a part of the CSS I have a line that changes
the look of all links. eg. removed underline,
changed colours etc. (a {} a:hover{} etc)

Is it possible for me to make and exception to
this? For example, everything within a <div> to be
able to be changed to what the user that created
the page wants?

All users are editing via a built in form that has
a WYSIWYG editor in it. The Editor converts to
plain html.

Any ideas?

Quasimido CSS

Smitro <(E-Mail Removed)0m> in news:434388a3$0$491$61c65585@uq-127creek-
reader-03.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in the middle of writing CMS. One part of the
> CMS allows users to create there own pages with my
> header and my footer.
>
> As a part of the CSS I have a line that changes
> the look of all links. eg. removed underline,
> changed colours etc. (a {} a:hover{} etc)
>
> Is it possible for me to make an exception to
> this? For example, everything within a <div> to be
> able to be changed to what the user that created
> the page wants?

someone else probably has the answer. your idea reminds me of some stylesheet-
related bookmarklets (which are javascript)

is this following paragraph part of the same goal?

> All users are editing via a built in form that has
> a WYSIWYG editor in it. The Editor converts to
> plain html.

so the in-page editor makes the style changes to itself, then produces a plain text page
of something else?

> Any ideas?

Smitro

Quasimido CSS wrote:
> Smitro <(E-Mail Removed)0m> in news:434388a3$0$491$61c65585@uq-127creek-
> reader-03.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm in the middle of writing CMS. One part of the
>>CMS allows users to create there own pages with my
>>header and my footer.
>>
>>As a part of the CSS I have a line that changes
>>the look of all links. eg. removed underline,
>>changed colours etc. (a {} a:hover{} etc)
>>
>>Is it possible for me to make an exception to
>>this? For example, everything within a <div> to be
>>able to be changed to what the user that created
>>the page wants?

> someone else probably has the answer. your idea reminds me of some stylesheet-
> related bookmarklets (which are javascript)
>

> is this following paragraph part of the same goal?
>

>>All users are editing via a built in form that has
>>a WYSIWYG editor in it. The Editor converts to
>>plain html.

> so the in-page editor makes the style changes to itself, then produces a plain text page
> of something else?
>

>>Any ideas?

The Editor creates a HTML page that is then stored
in a database and through PHP inserted between a
header and a footer on the final page. This allows
the user to create there own page that is apart of
our intranet.

Unfortuatly, because of my CSS I have converted
all links to black with no underline, and it
underlines when they hover. What I'm wondering is,
for these particular pages, can I cancel this out
and allow them to make their links any shape or
size they want. But I don't want to take the
default, because of other pages I have built.

Can this be done?