Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > getting listed in google...

getting listed in google...

Domestos

A little off topic but you all must have done it...

I have submitted my site to google a few days ago....

How long does it take to get my site listed in a searh? I am typing some
direct things from the website and even the domain name and it is still not
coming up...

Any tips for getting a site noticed more? apart from ad-words

--
Thanks,
Andrew Makinson

David Dorward

Domestos wrote:

> How long does it take to get my site listed in a searh?

Up to 6 weeks in my experience,

> Any tips for getting a site noticed more?

http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.php

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Hywel Jenkins

In article <89g0f.13461$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> A little off topic but you all must have done it...
>
> I have submitted my site to google a few days ago....
>
> How long does it take to get my site listed in a searh? I am typing some
> direct things from the website and even the domain name and it is still not
> coming up...
>
> Any tips for getting a site noticed more? apart from ad-words

Isn't your "buy a pixel" idea old hat, now?
http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/

Domestos

> Isn't your "buy a pixel" idea old hat, now?
> http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

My site offers somthing slightly different... and it is not a blatent copy
of that one...

My main reason in making this site is to challenge myself in creating a site
that can do this with auto updates, php, and auto payment (it a learning
exercise for me) etc... its my learning process to create websites... if I
make a few bucks on the way then that can only be possative...

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Domestos quothed:

> > Isn't your "buy a pixel" idea old hat, now?
> > http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/
> >

> My site offers somthing slightly different... and it is not a blatent copy
> of that one...

If that don't work, how about "Neredbojias Poop: only $10 a bag!"
I'll wholesale you all you can handle at only 30% retail plus tp costs.

(The sad part is that I'm sure there really are people out there dumb
enough to "buy a pixel"...)

> My main reason in making this site is to challenge myself in creating a site
> that can do this with auto updates, php, and auto payment (it a learning
> exercise for me) etc... its my learning process to create websites... if I
> make a few bucks on the way then that can only be possative...

--
Neredbojias

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> With neither quill nor qualm, Domestos quothed:
>
> > > Isn't your "buy a pixel" idea old hat, now?
> > > http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/
> > >

> > My site offers somthing slightly different... and it is not a blatent copy
> > of that one...

> If that don't work, how about "Neredbojias Poop: only $10 a bag!"
> I'll wholesale you all you can handle at only 30% retail plus tp costs.

How many bags have you got? I'll take the lot!

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/

Blinky the Shark

Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> With neither quill nor qualm, Domestos quothed:

>> > My site offers somthing slightly different... and it is not a blatent copy
>> > of that one...

>> If that don't work, how about "Neredbojias Poop: only $10 a bag!"
>> I'll wholesale you all you can handle at only 30% retail plus tp costs.

> How many bags have you got? I'll take the lot!

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/114...4487QWyv_w.jpg

(From a contest for Photoshopping old propaganda posters.)

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Jemdam.com

Well it took me ages to find the answer to that question. I have found over
the past 10 years of being a webmaster that google seaches will only make a
small percentage of your traffic. The big hits come from quality link
exchanges. I would do the following:

Get the alex.com tool bar installed and get browsing on sites with similar
subjects and then target sites who have a rating higher than you. Then swap
links with them and just keep going. The higher you get the bigger sites you
can swap with. I made my own link directory which makes the task VERY easy.
Check it out:

http://www.pubtricks.com/links-beta.php > Magic Tricks Sites
http://www.jemdam.com/links.php > Webmaster Tools Sites

You can see I have used my system on a number of my own sites. This worked
well and other webmasters WANT to get listed in them. When they enter their
details I have an auto approve / decline page so it takes seconds.

I don't know your level of web skills but if you make a similar system with
PHP / ASP and MYsql you can work wonders. If you are new to dynamics sites
then get a book from your local shop. It took me 2 months to learn PHP to a
level that it was possible to coding anything.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Thanks,

David

"Domestos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:89g0f.13461$(E-Mail Removed)...
>A little off topic but you all must have done it...
>
> I have submitted my site to google a few days ago....
>
> How long does it take to get my site listed in a searh? I am typing some
> direct things from the website and even the domain name and it is still
> not coming up...
>
> Any tips for getting a site noticed more? apart from ad-words
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Andrew Makinson
> www.buy-a-pixel.com

Sid Ismail

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:04:20 GMT, "Domestos" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

: How long does it take to get my site listed in a searh? I am typing some
: direct things from the website and even the domain name and it is still not
: coming up...
:
: Any tips for getting a site noticed more? apart from ad-words

Stick in a Google Search facility on your page. It'll spider in no
time at all!

Sid

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Hywel Jenkins quothed:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > With neither quill nor qualm, Domestos quothed:

> > > My site offers somthing slightly different... and it is not a blatent copy
> > > of that one...

> > If that don't work, how about "Neredbojias Poop: only $10 a bag!"
> > I'll wholesale you all you can handle at only 30% retail plus tp costs.

> How many bags have you got? I'll take the lot!

According to some people, the supply is infinite. Anyway, I'll pile-up
the next frigate heading east with what's on-hand and prepare an html
email invoice for taxing purposes.

--
Neredbojias