Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css - background-color not set for the whole container

css - background-color not set for the whole container

Dario Zuffi

Hello,

I want to have the background-color set for a container. With firefox I
get the result I expect. The grey background is set from 14px top to
100px from the bottom.

With IE6 the background-color is only set for those lines that contain
text and not till 100px from the bottom.

#right {
position: absolute;
top: 14px;
bottom: 100px;
left: 272px;;
width: 600px;
background-color: #eeeeee;
overflow: auto;
}

Any idea? THANKS!

Dario

David Dorward

Dario Zuffi wrote:

> With IE6 the background-color is only set for those lines that contain
> text and not till 100px from the bottom.
> position: absolute;
> top: 14px;
> bottom: 100px;

Internet Explorer does not support height calculations based on the
positioning of opposite edges. I'm not aware of any workaround for it (The
badly named IE7 JavaScript hack would be the first place I'd check for a
possible solution).

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is