Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > GridView nested in DataList - refreshing corresponding DataList row after updating GridView row

GridView nested in DataList - refreshing corresponding DataList row after updating GridView row

H5N1

Hi there

My problem is that in when I update GridView row, which is nested into
DataList control, I want to refresh also DataList in which the GridView
is nested, since after update, trigger in my DB changes some value in
it (some Total sum from the GridView column).

The GridView, along with its ObjectDataSource is inserted into DataList
ItemTemplate.

How, and where shoul the DataList be refreshed?

I've tried DataListControlName.DataBind() in page.load, but I get the
following error:

The ObjectDataSource control 'the name of the GridView datasourced
(located in the DataList Item Template)' does not have a naming
container. Ensure that the control is added to the page before calling
DataBind.

thanks a lot
HP