Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css or tables

css or tables

smokeyd

Hey not a bad first attempt though... There is also the issue of
accessibility, if you want your web site viewable by as many people as
possible then use css.

Marc

smokeyd wrote:
> Hey not a bad first attempt though... There is also the issue of
> accessibility, if you want your web site viewable by as many people as
> possible then use css.

Okay, I rephrase - the *photos* wouldn't persuade me to stay at your
hotel, which looks in those pictures to be falling over.

Marc

Jake

In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
smokeyd <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Hey not a bad first attempt though... There is also the issue of
>accessibility, if you want your web site viewable by as many people as
>possible then use css.

That's a very interesting comment. Could you why?

Regards.

--
Jake ((E-Mail Removed) -- just a 'spam trap' mail address)

smokeyd

Why what?

Jonathan N. Little

smokeyd wrote:

> Why what?

Why what??

Please learn to quote what you are referring to, you know like the stuff
above my question

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

smokeyd

Jake wrote:
> In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> smokeyd <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >Hey not a bad first attempt though... There is also the issue of
> >accessibility, if you want your web site viewable by as many people as
> >possible then use css.
> >

> That's a very interesting comment. Could you why?

Could I why? What is the question here?

> Regards.
>
> --
> Jake ((E-Mail Removed) -- just a 'spam trap' mail address)

rf

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7Fx_e.74$(E-Mail Removed)...
> smokeyd wrote:
>
> > Why what?
> >

> Why what??
>
> Please learn to quote what you are referring to, you know like the stuff
> above my question

smokeyd is yet another of the dreaded google groups users.

Jake

In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
smokeyd <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>Jake wrote:
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
>> smokeyd <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> >Hey not a bad first attempt though... There is also the issue of
>> >accessibility, if you want your web site viewable by as many people as
>> >possible then use css.
>> >

>> That's a very interesting comment. Could you why?

>Could I why? What is the question here?

An example of the brain being quicker than the fingers

So. Could you (explain) why?

--
Jake ((E-Mail Removed) -- just a 'spam trap' mail address)

smokeyd

Web sites built using CSS separate the page content from the design of
the web site. This makes them more accessible to users browsing the
net by other means than the usual I.E. For example, a screen reader
when reading a site using tables will read out the <table> tags and
spacer images so may take some time before the user actually gets to
the information that they require. With CSS there is no formatting on
the page so the screen reader gets straight to the useful content.
Anyway I am sure a quick Google on CSS and accessibility will explain
it better and in more depth than I can.

rf what is your point?

Marc

smokeyd wrote:
> Web sites built using CSS separate the page content from the design of
> the web site. This makes them more accessible to users browsing the
> net by other means than the usual I.E. For example, a screen reader
> when reading a site using tables will read out the <table> tags and
> spacer images so may take some time before the user actually gets to
> the information that they require. With CSS there is no formatting on
> the page so the screen reader gets straight to the useful content.
> Anyway I am sure a quick Google on CSS and accessibility will explain
> it better and in more depth than I can.
>
> rf what is your point?

Will you *please* include at least some of the post you're replying to
within your post - this post appears to have nothing to do with what
you've replied to...?!

Marc

How to get database metadata information (i.e. existing tables and columns in tables) Chris Brat Python 5 08-22-2006 05:25 PM
Tables within tables Otuatail HTML 7 08-02-2004 04:42 AM
Tables and CSS Mark Rae ASP .Net 4 07-17-2004 09:08 AM
Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables ! Peter Bassett HTML 3 08-15-2003 06:46 PM
Re: css positioning vs. tables PeterMcC HTML 0 06-23-2003 04:45 PM

Advertisments