Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > popout menu positions

popout menu positions

rossz

On my history webpages I have added fancy new css based popout menus.
To prevent the popouts from getting cut off at the bottom on small
screens I've added style='margin-top: -X.Xem' to the longer menus to
keep them inside an 800x600 screen.

Is it possible to get css to adjust the vertical position automatically
so the menu never extends below the bottom of the viewable screen? I
doubt there's anything that can be done short of using an ugly
javascript hack (which I won't do), but I thought I'd ask.

The popout menus are handled by nested ul/li sets.

You can see what I'm talking about at http://vamos-wentworth.org/seadog/

--
Rossz
God kills a kitten each time someone uses Internet Explorer