Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > submitting forms over get

submitting forms over get

Merlin

Hi there,

I am wondering how it is possible to submit forms over get and to get clean urls
like on a9. For example:
http://a9.com/test

When I implement a form search I always get URLS like this:
/index.php?q=test&submit.x=33&submit.y=8

Any ideas how to prevent this?

Thanx for any hint.

Merlin

Toby Inkster

Merlin wrote:

> When I implement a form search I always get URLS like this:
> /index.php?q=test&submit.x=33&submit.y=8
>
> Any ideas how to prevent this?

Have "index.php" redirect to a cleaner URL.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Mitja Trampus

Merlin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am wondering how it is possible to submit forms over get and to get
> clean urls like on a9. For example:
> http://a9.com/test
>
> When I implement a form search I always get URLS like this:
> /index.php?q=test&submit.x=33&submit.y=8
>
> Any ideas how to prevent this?

Have a look at their code, they use a piece of JS:
<form onsubmit="...">

What JS does is it constructs an URL out of "a9.com" and the
search box's text, then redirects the browser there. So
they're not using GET or POST, it's a roll-your-own way.

Of course, if JS fails, the "classic" url constructed via
GET (e.g. a9.com/?searchBox=test) must still be supported by
their server-side script.

Don't see what you gain by it and why you'd want to go to
the extra trouble of implementing it.