Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Please criticize my website.

Re: Please criticize my website.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Is the table still broken?

https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> Is the table still broken?
>
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php

You tell us.

http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi2.jpg

Why do you have column titles "Image" and "Description of the Image"?
That should be self-evident. And, have you tried floating the images AND
their descriptions in one flexible <div> yet, as previously suggested?

--
-bts
-When motorcycling, never follow a pig truck

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:1032e0jtzjqju$.qg9osnteemhr$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > Is the table still broken?
> >
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php

> You tell us.
>
> http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi2.jpg
>
> Why do you have column titles "Image" and "Description of the Image"?
> That should be self-evident. And, have you tried floating the images AND
> their descriptions in one flexible <div> yet, as previously suggested?

Someone else meant that it would be okay to use a table. I am under the
impression that some of you think that it would be okay with a table if
properly configured and others think that a <div> would be more appropriate
unless you mean that the <div> should contain the table.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i
> meddelandet news:1032e0jtzjqju$.qg9osnteemhr$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi2.jpg
>>
>> Why do you have column titles "Image" and "Description of the
>> Image"? That should be self-evident. And, have you tried floating
>> the images AND their descriptions in one flexible <div> yet, as
>> previously suggested?

> Someone else meant that it would be okay to use a table. I am under
> the impression that some of you think that it would be okay with a
> table if properly configured

Assuming you looked at the screen shot above, does it look properly
configured?

You didn't respond to the comment about the column titles.

> and others think that a <div> would be
> more appropriate unless you mean that the <div> should contain the
> table.

No, the div should not contain a table. Look at the way the pictures
float in this page:
http://www.countryrode.com/parts/apparel.php

--
-bts
-When motorcycling, never follow a pig truck

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:nb1o3jb3zsc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i
> > meddelandet news:1032e0jtzjqju$.qg9osnteemhr$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi2.jpg
> >>
> >> Why do you have column titles "Image" and "Description of the
> >> Image"? That should be self-evident. And, have you tried floating
> >> the images AND their descriptions in one flexible <div> yet, as
> >> previously suggested?

> > Someone else meant that it would be okay to use a table. I am under
> > the impression that some of you think that it would be okay with a
> > table if properly configured

> Assuming you looked at the screen shot above, does it look properly
> configured?

> You didn't respond to the comment about the column titles.
>
> > and others think that a <div> would be
> > more appropriate unless you mean that the <div> should contain the
> > table.

> No, the div should not contain a table. Look at the way the pictures
> float in this page:
> http://www.countryrode.com/parts/apparel.php

So, it seems as different opinions have been expressed in this thread. Some
think that a table would do the job, other think that a <div> would do a
better job.
Some think that 2 columns are enough for a tabular data, some think perhaps
in another way.
I cannot answer every single remark because it takes too time for me.
--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Rincewind

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:27:13 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi2.jpg

Out of interest what's the bar just below the web developer bar on your
browser

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Rincewind wrote:

> Out of interest what's the bar just below the web developer bar on
> your browser

That is the PrefBar. Use it for quick toggles.
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagna...es/prefbar.png
Find it here:
http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

--

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:04:50 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Rincewind wrote:

>> Out of interest what's the bar just below the web developer bar on
>> your browser

> That is the PrefBar. Use it for quick toggles.
> http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagna...es/prefbar.png
> Find it here:
> http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

Thanks just what I've been looking for, isn't it amazing, something good
has come of this epic thread.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Rincewind wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:04:50 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> That is the PrefBar. Use it for quick toggles.
>> http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagna...es/prefbar.png
>> Find it here:
>> http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

> Thanks just what I've been looking for, isn't it amazing, something good
> has come of this epic thread.

<lol> You have a point...

--
-bts
-When motorcycling, never follow a pig truck

dorayme

> From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> So, it seems as different opinions have been expressed in this thread. Some
> think that a table would do the job, other think that a <div> would do a
> better job.
> Some think that 2 columns are enough for a tabular data, some think perhaps
> in another way.
> I cannot answer every single remark because it takes too time for me.

In a way, it does not matter what you use in this respect as
long as you do it well. A jack of all trades is very often a
master of none. What's that in Italian?

dorayme