Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > show another cursor?

show another cursor?

Bruno

Hi there,
I have some pages, which show a lot of data, that's why the loading process
is a little bit long. How can I change the cursors layout to look something
different?

Thanks
Bruno

PretLetters

Bruno wrote:
> I have some pages, which show a lot of data, that's why the loading process
> is a little bit long. How can I change the cursors layout to look something
> different?

I don't understand what the first (loading slow because of a lot of
data) has to do with the second (looks of cursor)? You seem to imply a
correlation, I don't think is there.

Please provide URL. And explain what you want to do with the cursor
(that is mainly part of the browser chrome, which means that usually it
is a bad idea to mess with it).

--
-- --<--@ -- PretLetters: 'woest wyf', met vele interesses: ----------
weblog | http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, PretLetters scraped:

> I don't understand what the first (loading slow because of a lot of
> data) has to do with the second (looks of cursor)? You seem to imply a
> correlation, I don't think is there.

There is a correlation, or sorts anyway. The page is loading slowly,
because it is big, which causes the cursor to be displayed as a
/working/ cursor, eg. a timer of sorts. The correlation is here is that
the larger the page, the longer the amount of time the /working/ cursor
is shown.

Of course, this is the default behaviour, and is something the user
expects. You shouldn't try to change it.

--
Dylan Parry

"He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit" - Anon

PretLetters

Dylan Parry wrote:
> Using a pointed stick and pebbles, PretLetters scraped:
>
>> I don't understand what the first (loading slow because of a lot of
>> data) has to do with the second (looks of cursor)? You seem to imply a
>> correlation, I don't think is there.

> The correlation is here is that
> the larger the page, the longer the amount of time the /working/ cursor
> is shown.

I understand. But I thought that the cursor is still 'working', that is
it changes appearance as it moves over a link for example. So there is
no need to change anything, right?

--
--- --<--@ --- PretLetters: 'woest wyf', met vele interesses: ---------
weblog | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html>
webontwerp | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/webontwerp.html>
zweefvliegen | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/vliegen.html>

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, PretLetters scraped:

> So there is no need to change anything, right?

Like I said, it's the default behaviour and the one that the user
expects; so no, there is no need to change anything and indeed you
shouldn't even attempt to do so

--
Dylan Parry

"If you can find something everyone agrees on, it's wrong" - Mo Udall

show all files in the directory, but how to show directory control?? strutsng@gmail.com HTML 1 09-30-2005 07:32 AM
Another basic question: How to call and show one Web Form from another Web Form? Rob R. Ainscough ASP .Net Web Controls 3 06-14-2005 03:56 PM
TO show or NOT to show Matt ASP .Net 1 05-02-2005 09:07 PM
to show image or to show flash Disco Octopus HTML 7 05-14-2004 06:27 AM
Command "show run" does not show all interfaces Peter Jonas Cisco 3 01-05-2004 12:13 AM

Advertisments