Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Please criticize my website.

Please criticize my website.

Luigi Donatello Asero

I know that my website
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
is far from being perfect.
I have modified a few things since we talked about it a few months ago.
For example there are probably much less validation errors than there used
to be some months ago, I have begun to create subsubdirectories, I have
begun using
<?php include "menu-svenska.html"; ?> and the like to be able to save the
menu.
There are also some new pictures, the homepage has changed.
But there are probably many other things to improve.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance and for any help which you gave me before in
this NG.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

rf

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

The centre column layout is broken in Firefox.

Cheers
Richard.

Luigi Donatello Asero

"rf" <@invalid.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:G02Ye.1259$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

> The centre column layout is broken in Firefox.
>
> Cheers
> Richard.

What does the problem depend on?
The page validates.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...om%2Findex.php

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

rf

Luigi Donatello Asero

> "rf" <@invalid.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:G02Ye.1259$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> >
> > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

> > The centre column layout is broken in Firefox.

> What does the problem depend on?

AFAICT nothing. It's permanently broken.

> The page validates.

Validation does not imply that it works.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/screenshot/l.jpg

BTW Why on earth is that page serverd up as HTTPS? I see no input fields
anywhere on that page that would require a secure connection.

Cheers
Richard

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

rf wrote:
> Luigi Donatello Asero
>
>> "rf" <@invalid.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> news:G02Ye.1259$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> The centre column layout is broken in Firefox.

>> What does the problem depend on?

> AFAICT nothing. It's permanently broken.

...and the entire site is extremely difficult to figure out, even if
you can read the language.

>> The page validates.

> Validation does not imply that it works.
>
> http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/screenshot/l.jpg

Ooh! Ooh! I've got one too!
http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi.jpg

> BTW Why on earth is that page serverd up as HTTPS? I see no input
> fields anywhere on that page that would require a secure
> connection.

We tried to talk him out of that nonsense several months ago. We lost.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

rf

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> rf wrote:

> > BTW Why on earth is that page serverd up as HTTPS? I see no input
> > fields anywhere on that page that would require a secure
> > connection.

> We tried to talk him out of that nonsense several months ago. We lost.

Ah yes, I remember now, the paranoia bit. I largely ignored it then.

Hmmm. I think I'll just move on to something else now.

Cheers
Richard.

Luigi Donatello Asero

"rf" <@invalid.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:Kn2Ye.1271$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero
> >
> > "rf" <@invalid.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:G02Ye.1259$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > The centre column layout is broken in Firefox.

> > What does the problem depend on?

> AFAICT nothing. It's permanently broken.

What does AFAICT mean?

> > The page validates.

> Validation does not imply that it works.

It seems to be so. But it is difficult to say what is wrong with one page
which validates,
isn´t it?

> http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/screenshot/l.jpg
>
> BTW Why on earth is that page serverd up as HTTPS? I see no input fields
> anywhere on that page that would require a secure connection.

Because as user I trust more https pages than http pages.
That does not mean that all the users will think the same way I do, but I
find it difficult to believe that there are many users who trust more a http
page than a https page, given that the other circumstances are the same.
As a user accessing a page over http protocoll I wonder whether there are
pages at all in that website which are sent over https ( for example forms).
A page which is sent over https should be the one it pretends to be. A page
sent over http might be another.
Besides I find more practical for me to have all https pages instead of
having some http pages and other https pages.
The user who does not like the warning message which are shown by the
browser/browsers
can check the option that he does not want to see them any longer

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:du2Ye.86403$(E-Mail Removed)...
> rf wrote:
> > Luigi Donatello Asero

> > Validation does not imply that it works.
> >
> > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/screenshot/l.jpg

> Ooh! Ooh! I've got one too!
> http://k75s.home.att.net/images/luigi.jpg

Thank you for posting it.
Do you know what it depends on?

--

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=afaict

Cheers
Richard.

Luigi Donatello Asero

"rf" <@invalid.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:TM2Ye.1718$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > What does AFAICT mean?

> http://www.google.com.au/search?q=afaict
>
> Cheers
> Richard.

Ok. So you mean that, as far as you can tell, there is nothing which I can
do
to correct this mistake and let Firefox show the table without breaking it.