Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Size of the pictures

Size of the pictures

Luigi Donatello Asero

I have two pages which contain one picture in common.
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it...g/amundoen.php
This pictures changes everyday but it has different width and height on the
two pages.
Should I resize it by using a photo software or is it enough to let the php
code do the job and resize it?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

Safalra

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> I have two pages which contain one picture in common.
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it...g/amundoen.php
> This pictures changes everyday but it has different width and height on the
> two pages.
> Should I resize it by using a photo software or is it enough to let the php
> code do the job and resize it?

Image manipulation software will usually give better results (and give
you more options). However, if you decided to rely on PHP you should
always check its results to make sure the resized image looks
satisfactory.

--
Safalra (Stephen Morley)
http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Safalra" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > I have two pages which contain one picture in common.
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php

https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it...g/amundoen.php
> > This pictures changes everyday but it has different width and height on

the
> > two pages.
> > Should I resize it by using a photo software or is it enough to let the

php
> > code do the job and resize it?

> Image manipulation software will usually give better results (and give
> you more options).

But in this case I would need save the same image in 2 different maps to
call them by the name of the corresponding datum
(for example 09-18.jpg), wouldn´t I?

However, if you decided to rely on PHP you should
> always check its results to make sure the resized image looks
> satisfactory.

This is the main problem.
Do you think that the picture which is shown below on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php
and on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it...g/amundoen.php
look bad?
Of course, I cannot keep the same proportions between width and height if I
do not cut it somewhere and save it as 2 different files.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
( 我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 主 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

dorayme

> From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: alt.html
> Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:44:09 GMT
> Subject: Size of the pictures
>
> Should I resize it by using a photo software or is it enough to let the php
> code do the job and resize it?

The former.

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero

"dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:BF530E38.170E6%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Newsgroups: alt.html
> > Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:44:09 GMT
> > Subject: Size of the pictures
> >
> > Should I resize it by using a photo software or is it enough to let the

php
> > code do the job and resize it?

> The former.
>
> dorayme

Thank you.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
( 我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 主 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Patrick

I would just have the php do the job for you.

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JBYWe.33987$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have two pages which contain one picture in common.
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it...g/amundoen.php
> This pictures changes everyday but it has different width and height on
> the
> two pages.
> Should I resize it by using a photo software or is it enough to let the
> php
> code do the job and resize it?
>

> --
> Luigi Donatello Asero
> (sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
> (? ????????? ?? ? ???? ? ?????? )
> ( ?? ???? , ?? ? ? ? ??)
> (min olen Italian kansalainen, mutta min asun Ruotsissa)
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

dorayme

In article <UQ4Ch.13933$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I would just have the php do the job for you.
>
> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:JBYWe.33987$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I have two pages which contain one picture in common.
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php

Please contact him and report back to us.

--
dorayme