Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS for Mozilla...

CSS for Mozilla...

Domestos

How do I get the following CSS to work in Mozilla? It works fine in IE6

TIA

scrollbar-base-color: #000000;
scrollbar-face-color: #000000;
scrollbar-track-color: #000000;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #000000;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #FF9966;

Barbara de Zoete

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:31:01 +0200, Domestos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How do I get the following CSS to work in Mozilla? It works fine in IE6
>

> scrollbar-base-color: #000000;

You wont. Mozilla is a decent browser and wont let webauthors mess with
the chrome. Solution is simple. Don't try to do that. The browser is mine
and I like it just fine.

Domestos

> scrollbar-base-color: #000000;

You wont. Mozilla is a decent browser and wont let webauthors mess with
the chrome. Solution is simple. Don't try to do that. The browser is mine
and I like it just fine.

i'm not bothered about the main window bar but when I have an internal space
and set the overflow I get an 'Orable scroll bar in it... is there anyway to
turn the scroll bar off but still have the ability to overflow?

goto www.evcomputing.com/usscharger to see what i mean...

saz

In article <pQGWe.4531$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> How do I get the following CSS to work in Mozilla? It works fine in IE6
>
> TIA
>
> scrollbar-base-color: #000000;
> scrollbar-face-color: #000000;
> scrollbar-track-color: #000000;
> scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000;
> scrollbar-3dlight-color: #000000;
> scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000;
> scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;
> scrollbar-arrow-color: #FF9966;

Only IE supports scrollbar colors

David Dorward

Domestos wrote:

> How do I get the following CSS to work in Mozilla? It works fine in IE6

> scrollbar-base-color: #000000;

That isn't CSS ...

http://w3.org/TR/CSS2/

.... and isn't supported by Mozilla at all.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Domestos

> That isn't CSS ...
>
> http://w3.org/TR/CSS2/
>
> ... and isn't supported by Mozilla at all.

So if mozilla don't support CSS2 why do people think it is so cool???

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Domestos wrote:
>> That isn't CSS ...
>>
>> http://w3.org/TR/CSS2/
>>
>> ... and isn't supported by Mozilla at all.

> So if mozilla don't support CSS2 why do people think it is so
> cool???

Mozilla does support CSS2 and is a very good browser, but your
scrollbar stuff is proprietary Internet Explorer stuff. No other
browser supports it, as it should be. You must have missed saz's post.

You should not mess with the visitor's browser.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

SpaceGirl

Domestos wrote:
>>That isn't CSS ...
>>
>> http://w3.org/TR/CSS2/
>>
>>... and isn't supported by Mozilla at all.

> So if mozilla don't support CSS2 why do people think it is so cool???

Coloured scrollbars are an IE feature, and not part of CSS or HTML or
any other standard. The important word being standard. If the scrollbars
must be coloured to fit your design, then your design needs to be
re-thought I'm afraid, or use a different technology such as Flash.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
# explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
# to duplicate this post.

David Dorward

Domestos wrote:

>> That isn't CSS ...
>> http://w3.org/TR/CSS2/
>> ... and isn't supported by Mozilla at all.

> So if mozilla don't support CSS2

Mozilla does support CSS 2. Your code is not CSS, and your non-CSS code is
not supported by Mozilla.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Spartanicus

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>your
>scrollbar stuff is proprietary Internet Explorer stuff. No other
>browser supports it

Opera supports styling the scroll bars, but the user can disable it.

>You should not mess with the visitor's browser.

I have some sympathy for authors wishing to change the appearance of
scroll bars inside the viewport. The usual mantra that users won't be
able to recognize them as scroll bars has only limited merit.

Of course, in-document scroll bars are typically a usability nightmare,
but that's another discussion.

--
Spartanicus