Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > start-up music

start-up music

Gaffer

Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use an
image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?

--
Gaffer

Jafar As-Sadiq Calley

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:16:04 +0000, Gaffer wrote:

> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use an
> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?

You can embed a player in your page with flash or php or something.
My new, hand coded and redesigned moonlife-records.com site has had the
much hated bgsound removed until I learn enough php to do it with user
controllable buttons, but that will have to wait until after I learn
javascript!

--
Jafar Calley
Producer - http://moonlife-records.com

middletree

All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
first offense.

"Gaffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EZDWe.202$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use

an
> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?
>
> --
> Gaffer

Arne

Once upon a time *middletree* wrote:
> All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
> their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
> first offense.

And what should we do with top posters?

--
Arne

> "Gaffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:EZDWe.202$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
>> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use

> an
>> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?
>>
>> --
>> Gaffer

Barbara de Zoete

Don't know. What should we do?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:51:12 +0200, Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And what should we do with top posters?

Just _had_ to.

Gaffer

"middletree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:432b2ae7$0$8004$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
> their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
> first offense.
>

> "Gaffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:EZDWe.202$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
>> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use

> an
>> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?
>>
>> --
>> Gaffer

Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

--
Gaffer

middletree

That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
But thanks for playing.

> And what should we do with top posters?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

middletree wrote:
> That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is
> wrong. But thanks for playing.
>
>> And what should we do with top posters?

I can just hear the plonks from all over the planet. You do know that
Outhouse Distress *does* allow you to press the PageDown key before
replying, don't you?

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Gaffer quothed:

> "middletree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:432b2ae7$0$8004$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> > All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
> > their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
> > first offense.
> >

> > "Gaffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:EZDWe.202$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
> >> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use

> > an
> >> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gaffer
> >>

> Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

I did that once for bgsound but it sucked. Why not use streams?

--
Neredbojias

Arne

Once upon a time *middletree* wrote:

> That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
> But thanks for playing.

Wrong answer!

>> And what should we do with top posters?

A: *PLONK*

--
/Arne
Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

Music and Games forum? ww_crimson Gaming 4 09-08-2006 07:07 AM
music? HackaX0rus The Lounge 10 07-11-2005 07:47 AM
Playing music over network Bill Wireless Networking 8 01-03-2005 12:36 PM
Saving website music / identify music berksposter Computer Support 6 10-19-2004 03:29 AM

Advertisments