Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > 'batch' img src switching in link.. rel.. href.. or userstylesheet?

Reply
Thread Tools

'batch' img src switching in link.. rel.. href.. or userstylesheet?

 
 
QuasiAnon@anon.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2005

With my web pages, I hope to email just the HTML and CSS files, zipped in small attachment. But i've edited my HTMLs using
local stored img files. Yet the emailed HTMLs must link to imgs on a host site.
my final goal is to be able to switch easily between sets of img
1st set on hard disk and
2nd set img on imagehost site.

Decent solution could be: editing the link rel css lines in HTML header to switch between different css (or other external files?)
If that's possible, I envision something like these two choices:
local disk:
<link title="whatever" rel="stylesheet" href="../wherever/whatever_again.css" type="text/css" />
webhost for images:
<link title="whatever" rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/whatever_v2.css" type="text/css" />

is it possible to mass-specify something like this? (url or path to img src's)
if there's info on the web, i must not be googling the appropriate wording.

-----
i saw a desription of using background img style used as a backup for img src, but i think trying to match the positioning of the
img could be become complicated, especially since i have float left and right in various divs.

omitting conjecture based on that, to keep post shorter...
tia...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
windandwaves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2005
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> With my web pages, I hope to email just the HTML and CSS files,
> zipped in small attachment. But i've edited my HTMLs using
> local stored img files. Yet the emailed HTMLs must link to imgs on a
> host site.
> my final goal is to be able to switch easily between sets of img
> 1st set on hard disk and
> 2nd set img on imagehost site.
>
> Decent solution could be: editing the link rel css lines in HTML
> header to switch between different css (or other external files?) If
> that's possible, I envision something like these two choices:
> local disk:
> <link title="whatever" rel="stylesheet"
> href="../wherever/whatever_again.css" type="text/css" />
> webhost for images:
> <link title="whatever" rel="stylesheet"
> href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/whatever_v2.css"
> type="text/css" />
>
> is it possible to mass-specify something like this? (url or path to


try :
<head>
<base href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/">
</head>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
QuasiAnon@anon.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2005
"windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:NRpWe.11998$(E-Mail Removed):

> try :
> <head>
> <base href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/">
> </head>


thank you very much.
even though i've been googling this topic for a couple days (inbetween lots of other stuff) i only now (1) just found a little
base href url info at netscape (199
i still haven;t verified whether base href is ok with xhtml (googling that aspect gives nothing readily decipherable), but i'll try
*first* with a small page, run validation, etc.

now i only have to confirm whether the imagehost uses consistent server domain for all images. IOW, if actual image locations
are
"24.host.net/uno.jpg"
and
"655.host.net/dos.jpg"
in same HTML file, then that imagehost will be a problem for the base href solution

or hunt for a host that uses consistent domain. so, problem appears essentially solved.
thanks, again.


--
1) (strictly speaking, 2 hours ago, but i since haven't been on the net until now)
 
Reply With Quote
 
windandwaves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> "windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> in
> news:NRpWe.11998$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> try :
>> <head>
>> <base href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/">
>> </head>

>
> thank you very much.
> even though i've been googling this topic for a couple days
> (inbetween lots of other stuff) i only now (1) just found a little
> base href url info at netscape (199
> i still haven;t verified whether base href is ok with xhtml
> (googling that aspect gives nothing readily decipherable), but i'll
> try *first* with a small page, run validation, etc.
>
> now i only have to confirm whether the imagehost uses consistent
> server domain for all images. IOW, if actual image locations
> are
> "24.host.net/uno.jpg"
> and
> "655.host.net/dos.jpg"
> in same HTML file, then that imagehost will be a problem for the base
> href solution
>
> or hunt for a host that uses consistent domain. so, problem appears
> essentially solved.
> thanks, again.


Try www.w3.org

Cheers


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What does the SRC in <IMG SRC> stand for? pheadxdll HTML 16 06-06-2007 02:45 AM
Convert Java Src to J2ME Src? macbrando@gmail.com Java 1 03-23-2007 01:29 PM
<txt src= ...> equivalent of <img src= ...> Steve Richter ASP .Net 3 02-09-2006 08:44 PM
src.jar (src.zip) missing on Mac OSX Java 1.4.1 installation? Greg Johnson Java 4 09-18-2003 07:21 AM
Problem: Setting MSIE iframe innerHTML change relative href/src to absolute href/src Soren Vejrum Javascript 4 07-05-2003 01:47 PM



Advertisments