Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Form and spaces

Form and spaces

Wings

Someone here - sorry, I forgot who - posted this neat little Google Search
form which I use in a couple of places at my site. I've only modified it
slightly from the original, but this and the original does something on a
page which I don't understand. The window and button always skip a line from
the material above it and add another blank line between it and the material
that follows. Why is that? I'd like to have the window and button on the
same line with some other text, but that doesn't appear like it's going to
happen.

Thanks for any comments in advance.

<form>
<input type="text" name="newLocation" size="20"><input type="button"
value="Search Google" name="btnGo"
onclick="window.location.href='http://www.google.com/search?q=' +
newLocation.value">
</form>

Jonathan N. Little

Wings wrote:
> Someone here - sorry, I forgot who - posted this neat little Google Search
> form which I use in a couple of places at my site. I've only modified it
> slightly from the original, but this and the original does something on a
> page which I don't understand. The window and button always skip a line from
> the material above it and add another blank line between it and the material
> that follows. Why is that? I'd like to have the window and button on the
> same line with some other text, but that doesn't appear like it's going to
> happen.

<snip code>

Form is displaying as block element by default. If you do not like this
then change style:

FORM { display: inline; }

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Wings

That is really cool. Many thanks.

news:fX3We.1104$(E-Mail Removed)...

Wings wrote:
> That is really cool. Many thanks.

Great, but don't *top post*, i.e., writing above the text that you are
reply to like you did above...

> "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fX3We.1104$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Wings wrote:
>>
>>>Someone here - sorry, I forgot who - posted this neat little Google
>>>Search form which I use in a couple of places at my site. I've only
>>>modified it slightly from the original, but this and the original does
>>>something on a page which I don't understand. The window and button
>>>always skip a line from the material above it and add another blank line
>>>between it and the material that follows. Why is that? I'd like to have
>>>the window and button on the same line with some other text, but that
>>>doesn't appear like it's going to happen.

>><snip code>
>>
>>Form is displaying as block element by default. If you do not like this
>>then change style:
>>
>>FORM { display: inline; }

And whatever your using as a newsreader doesn't snip signatures, then do
it manually!

<remove>
>>--
>>Take care,