Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > : disable WAP browser caching

: disable WAP browser caching

amar.groups@gmail.com

Hi All,

(Apologize if I got the wrong list, this was the closest fit I could
find. Kindly do redirect to the right list if possible)

I am trying to disable the browser cache on a Treo 600 running Blazer
browser v3.0. I am generating the wml page using JSP and I have added
all the header/meta tags I can find to disable caching on the browser
but it still continues to fetch the page from the memory and does not
disable caching. I notice that my refresh in wml gets the page from
cache (<go> </go> command) whereas using the browsers built in refresh
menu option gets the latest page from the server. So I had two
questions..

1. Help how do i fix this. I am reproducing my code segment below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.2//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
<%
response.setContentType("text/vnd.wap.wml");
response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "must-revalidate, no-cache,
max-age=0, forua=true, no-store");
response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
%>
<wml>

2. Is there any way I can access the browser menu options using
WMLScript/WML?

Much thanks in advance for any help.

cheers,
amar

Mitja Trampus

> I am trying to disable the browser cache on a Treo 600 running Blazer
> browser v3.0.

> response.setContentType("text/vnd.wap.wml");
> response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "must-revalidate, no-cache,
> max-age=0, forua=true, no-store");
> response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");

I'm afraid your problem is browser-related rather than
anything else.
Try also setHeader("Expires","0");
If you're really into headers, see also the http rfc: