Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Dynamic form

Dynamic form

Dada

I am developing an homepage and I need to create a very detailed
form. I need some dynamic features for it.
The first one should make possible to make a question to appear or
disappear, depending on what you have answered to the previous one.
Example.
4) Do you like this? YES - NO
if you select NO question number 5) should dissappear, otherwise, if
you select YES nothing should happen. The only thing I have found it's
for CHECKBOXES and not RATIO BUTTONS. And it isn't good for my
purpose.
The second thing I should create is a connection between two RATIO
BUTTONS and a TEXT FIELD
Example

Can you tell me something about New York?
If you select the YES Ratio Button it should activate a text field
where to write your answer; if you select the NO button the text field
should be blocked.

I wish someone of you could help me to make that things work.

The very last question: this kind of scripts would work only with
Internet Explore?

Thanks

Jim Higson

Dada wrote:

> I am developing an homepage and I need to create a very detailed
> form. I need some dynamic features for it.
> The first one should make possible to make a question to appear or
> disappear, depending on what you have answered to the previous one.
> Example.
> 4) Do you like this? YES - NO
> if you select NO question number 5) should dissappear, otherwise, if
> you select YES nothing should happen. The only thing I have found it's
> for CHECKBOXES and not RATIO BUTTONS. And it isn't good for my
> purpose.
> The second thing I should create is a connection between two RATIO
> BUTTONS and a TEXT FIELD
> Example
>
> Can you tell me something about New York?
> If you select the YES Ratio Button it should activate a text field
> where to write your answer; if you select the NO button the text field
> should be blocked.
>
> I wish someone of you could help me to make that things work.

Use some javascript DOM and set element.style.display = "none" for the bits
you want to hide. This should be pretty easy to research.

> The very last question: this kind of scripts would work only with
> Internet Explore?

Only if *very* badly coded. Mozilla is best for this kind of work because
their DOM inspector can be used to examine pages in a lot more detail with
IE, where all you can really do is try to guess why stuffs rendered like it
is.

code_wrong

"Dada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am developing an homepage and I need to create a very detailed
> form. I need some dynamic features for it.
> The first one should make possible to make a question to appear or
> disappear, depending on what you have answered to the previous one.
> Example.
> 4) Do you like this? YES - NO
> if you select NO question number 5) should dissappear, otherwise, if
> you select YES nothing should happen. The only thing I have found it's
> for CHECKBOXES and not RATIO BUTTONS. And it isn't good for my
> purpose.
> The second thing I should create is a connection between two RATIO
> BUTTONS and a TEXT FIELD
> Example
>
> Can you tell me something about New York?
> If you select the YES Ratio Button it should activate a text field
> where to write your answer; if you select the NO button the text field
> should be blocked.
>
> I wish someone of you could help me to make that things work.
>
> The very last question: this kind of scripts would work only with
> Internet Explore?

look here:
http://developer.apple.com/internet/...amicforms.html
I have not investigated it but on skimming over it .. it looks like
what you want
regards,
cw

Dada

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:16:36 +0100, "code_wrong" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

Thanks a lot! This site is a great help.
Er...i know I am a little off topic, but do you know what kind of
limits on mail forms I should have if I subscribe a free formmail
service?
I subscribed http://www.mailmyform.com and it isn't really clear about
the amount of form per mounth (or day) you can receive, etc.
I know this isn't really the right newsgroup, but maybe you can help
me.
Thanks

>"Dada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I am developing an homepage and I need to create a very detailed
>> form. I need some dynamic features for it.
>> The first one should make possible to make a question to appear or
>> disappear, depending on what you have answered to the previous one.
>> Example.
>> 4) Do you like this? YES - NO
>> if you select NO question number 5) should dissappear, otherwise, if
>> you select YES nothing should happen. The only thing I have found it's
>> for CHECKBOXES and not RATIO BUTTONS. And it isn't good for my
>> purpose.
>> The second thing I should create is a connection between two RATIO
>> BUTTONS and a TEXT FIELD
>> Example
>>
>> Can you tell me something about New York?
>> If you select the YES Ratio Button it should activate a text field
>> where to write your answer; if you select the NO button the text field
>> should be blocked.
>>
>> I wish someone of you could help me to make that things work.
>>
>> The very last question: this kind of scripts would work only with
>> Internet Explore?

>look here:
>http://developer.apple.com/internet/...amicforms.html
>I have not investigated it but on skimming over it .. it looks like
>what you want
>regards,
>cw

code_wrong

"Dada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:16:36 +0100, "code_wrong" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot! This site is a great help.
> Er...i know I am a little off topic, but do you know what kind of
> limits on mail forms I should have if I subscribe a free formmail
> service?
> I subscribed http://www.mailmyform.com and it isn't really clear about
> the amount of form per mounth (or day) you can receive, etc.
> I know this isn't really the right newsgroup, but maybe you can help
> me.
> Thanks

This particular service does not appear to be capped however they state
something (vague) about acceptable use in their terms and conditions
http://www.mailmyform.com/terms/
You should contact them to find out exactly how many times constitutes
overuse.

cw

Obvious

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:10:56 +0200, Dada wrote:

<snip>

Please don't top post, most of us read a page top to bottom