Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Add font to website

Add font to website

Gosiek

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a font in a website that is
not installed on the viewers computer?
I tried to use css:

@font-face {
font-family:Madison;
src: url("madison.ttf"), format "truetype";
}

but it did work.
Any suggestion?

Best rgds,
Gosiek

Alexandre Jaquet

Gosiek a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to use a font in a website that is
> not installed on the viewers computer?
> I tried to use css:
>
> @font-face {
> font-family:Madison;
> src: url("madison.ttf"), format "truetype";
> }
>
> but it did work.
> Any suggestion?
>
> Best rgds,
> Gosiek

Hi take a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...font_embed.asp

Travis Newbury

Gosiek wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to use a font in a website that is
> not installed on the viewers computer?

Yes, google "download font from website" (google the groups) And you
will be rewarded with the understanding of why you probably don't want
to do it, and the knowledge to do it anyway...

--
-=tn=-

Rincewind

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:54:55 +0200, Gosiek wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to use a font in a website that is
> not installed on the viewers computer?
> I tried to use css:
>
> @font-face {
> font-family:Madison;
> src: url("madison.ttf"), format "truetype";
> }
>
> but it did work.
> Any suggestion?
>
> Best rgds,
> Gosiek

Search the previous threads on this site, it's come up at least three times
in the last month.

dingbat@codesmiths.com

Gosiek wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to use a font in a website that is
> not installed on the viewers computer?

I think this is really hard. Even harder than using
http://groups.google.com to search for the innumerable recent threads
on the same subject.

Blinky the Shark

Rincewind wrote:

> Search the previous threads on this site, it's come up at least three times
> in the last month.

What "site" is that?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Rincewind

On 8 Sep 2005 17:54:29 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Rincewind wrote:
>
>> Search the previous threads on this site, it's come up at least three times
>> in the last month.

> What "site" is that?

Oops meant to say this group.