Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Tabbing between Table Cells lesson...

Tabbing between Table Cells lesson...

Edward

I'm trying to learn about Tabbing between Cells of a table. I just can't
seem to determine what lets one table tab all the way through like this
example http://www.winehaven.com/order.phtml , while another won't tab away
from a cell row like this example http://www.nofa.org/store/ct/index.php .

Any suggestions appreciated

kchayka

Edward wrote:

> I'm trying to learn about Tabbing between Cells of a table.

You don't tab between cells of a table. If your browser does support
tabbing, it is likely only between form input fields, and maybe links.

> I just can't
> seem to determine what lets one table tab all the way through like this
> example http://www.winehaven.com/order.phtml , while another won't tab away
> from a cell row like this example http://www.nofa.org/store/ct/index.php .

Turn off JavaScript and you can tab through the 2nd URL, too.
Hint: look at the code. Notice anything different on all those input
elements? onFocus="this.blur()" kills tabbing. Field focus is removed so
the next tab starts back at the top of the document.

BTW, that's something implemented by stoopid web deezyners who think the
focus outline makes their pretty pages look ugly. Please don't follow
their lead.

Edward

Wow!
That was it. I had no idea that Blur caused that.

Thank you so much.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...