Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > A plea: where are the links?

A plea: where are the links?

Mason A. Clark

For perhaps 80% of the web pages I view, I find it helpful if
not necessary to use a trick to reveal the links.

I use Opera and a button to shift it my own style sheet
which does nothing but blatantly color the links.

Sweeping the page with the mouse is a clumsy alternative.

PLEA: do not *conceal* your links. Make them somehow
obvious. Is this too much to ask?

Mason C

Carolyn Marenger

Mason A. Clark wrote:

> For perhaps 80% of the web pages I view, I find it helpful if
> not necessary to use a trick to reveal the links.
>
> I use Opera and a button to shift it my own style sheet
> which does nothing but blatantly color the links.
>
> Sweeping the page with the mouse is a clumsy alternative.
>
> PLEA: do not *conceal* your links. Make them somehow
> obvious. Is this too much to ask?
>
> Mason C

My browser is set to automatically display links with the standard blue
underlining. It overrides the website designers styling.

Caroyln

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Mason A. Clark quothed:

> For perhaps 80% of the web pages I view, I find it helpful if
> not necessary to use a trick to reveal the links.
>
> I use Opera and a button to shift it my own style sheet
> which does nothing but blatantly color the links.
>
> Sweeping the page with the mouse is a clumsy alternative.
>
> PLEA: do not *conceal* your links. Make them somehow
> obvious. Is this too much to ask?

Probably, if the page maker is oblivious to the fact that the links are
hard to distinguish in the first place.

--
Neredbojias

Jim Moe

Mason A. Clark wrote:

> PLEA: do not *conceal* your links. Make them somehow
> obvious. Is this too much to ask?

Many deezyners enjoy letting their visitors play Easter Egg Hunt.

--
jmm dash list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)