Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Useful function perhaps...

Useful function perhaps...

Toby Inkster

http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/inc_dt.phps

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Edwin van der Vaart

Toby Inkster wrote:
> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/inc_dt.phps

What does't do.?
--
Edwin van der Vaart

explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers to duplicate this post.

Toby Inkster

Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
> Toby Inkster wrote:
>
>> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/inc_dt.phps

> What does't do.?

Not sure if you're asking "what does it do?" or "what doesn't it do?".

To answer both though: it doesn't slice, and it doesn't dice. It does
however, once pointed at a table of data stored in an SQL database,
generate a nice HTML table of data, plus a form that allows you to search
and sort that data.

I have now put up a demonstration of "inc_dt" in action:
http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/de..._of_inc_dt.php
http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/de...of_inc_dt.phps

(In case you're interested, the data table it is searching is the data
used to build the <link> elements, navigation bar and site map on my site.)

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Edwin van der Vaart] on Saturday 03 September 2005 11:26 \__

> Toby Inkster wrote:
>>
>> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/inc_dt.phps

> What does't do.?

What was it implemented /for/?

<snip>

display_table - Displays a searchable, sortable table.

</snip>

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | "Double your drive space - delete Windows"
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 74572E8E

Toby Inkster

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> What was it implemented /for/?

I often have the need to present large (1000+ rows) tables of data.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Toby Inkster] on Saturday 03 September 2005 17:13 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> What was it implemented /for/?

> I often have the need to present large (1000+ rows) tables of data.

Is it by any chance related to your latest project (http://message-id.net
for those who have just joined us)?

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | /earth: file system full
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 74572E8E

Edwin van der Vaart

Toby Inkster wrote:
> Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
>>Toby Inkster wrote:
>>
>>>http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/inc_dt.phps

>>What does't do.?

> Not sure if you're asking "what does it do?" or "what doesn't it do?".

The question was "what does it do".
I thought I can shorten the sentence "What does it do?" into "What
does't do?". The same as "It's do...".

> To answer both though: it doesn't slice, and it doesn't dice. It does
> however, once pointed at a table of data stored in an SQL database,
> generate a nice HTML table of data, plus a form that allows you to search
> and sort that data.
>
> I have now put up a demonstration of "inc_dt" in action:
> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/de..._of_inc_dt.php
> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/de...of_inc_dt.phps

Thanks for the info.

> (In case you're interested, the data table it is searching is the data
> used to build the <link> elements, navigation bar and site map on my site.)

Thanks but no thank you.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Is it by any chance related to your latest project (http://message-id.net
> for those who have just joined us)?

Nope -- I always have several things on the go at once.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Toby Inkster quothed:

> Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
> > Toby Inkster wrote:
> >
> >> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/inc_dt.phps

> > What does't do.?

> Not sure if you're asking "what does it do?" or "what doesn't it do?".

Edwin's Dutch so he talks like he has a cigar in his mouth.

--
Neredbojias

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Toby Inkster quothed:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> > Is it by any chance related to your latest project (http://message-id.net
> > for those who have just joined us)?

> Nope -- I always have several things on the go at once.

'Know what ya mean. Nothing beats a threesome at the local "Go-Go A-
Go" exotic dance club.

--
Neredbojias