Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > open link to temporary file

open link to temporary file

Tim Allen

Hi,

I have a small problem with users opening files from our Intranet.
Currently they access the files by clicking on an example link below:

href="file:\\fileserver\intranet\rates.doc"

It opens the file as readonly and users get stuck when they want to save it
(file saveAs is far too difficult for them!).

How could I change the link so that it would open the file to a temporary
file, rather then opening the link directly?

Any advice appreciated, thanks for your time.

Tim