Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > checking for window existance

checking for window existance

Lambuz

Is there any way to check the existance of a window by the name ?

I'm using this code:
window.open("http://www.google.com",'targetWin1')

If I open a window using previous code without getting immediatly
return value of open method, can I get it in a second moment ? For
example using the value of param sName of open method ?

regards

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=

Lambuz wrote :
> Is there any way to check the existance of a window by the name ?

No.

> I'm using this code:
> window.open("http://www.google.com",'targetWin1')
>
> If I open a window using previous code without getting immediatly
> return value of open method,

If there is no return value, then it means the function did not succeed
and the window does not exist.

> can I get it in a second moment ?

I don't understand what you mean.

For
> example using the value of param sName of open method ?
>
> regards

Look for WindowObjectReference
and in the FAQ :
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...indow.open#FAQ

Gérard
--
remove blah to email me

Jim Michaels

"Lambuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is there any way to check the existance of a window by the name ?
>
> I'm using this code:
> window.open("http://www.google.com",'targetWin1')

sort of.
var w=window.open("http://www.google.com",'targetWin1')
if (null==w) {
//oops. no window - must have been killed by a popup blocker.
} else {
//yay. got a window
}
do something with w
w.close();
window.focus();

> If I open a window using previous code without getting immediatly
> return value of open method, can I get it in a second moment ? For
> example using the value of param sName of open method ?

I don't understand. second moment? what sName? you must be reading out of
some book.
in english?