Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > validation seems wrong

validation seems wrong

rf

windandwaves wrote:

> It is meant that way, the client wants to make it hard for people ....

Why on earth would your client intentionally make it hard for people to buy
her espresso machines.

Would you put a maze in front of your shoe shops front door? A bouncer? A
street barricade?

Really, I mean, if I can't find where a dealer is (and no, it is not clear
that I have to search all over the map to find them) then it is far easier
for me to simply return to my google search reaults and go to the next site.

That next site will probably list their dealers in plain visible text in a
nice <ul>, for me to click on their URL. *They* won't obfuscate information
because *they* know that the best way to sell things is to make it so bloody
easy for the potential buyer that the transaction just happens as a matter
of course.

> however, if you know where you live then all you need to do is to point at
> where you live....

Yeah, right. I hyperthetically live in Queenstown. I miss the Dunedan link,
because I can't bloody find it, only finding the Chistchuch one.

I won't drive up to Christchurch. I might just drive over to Dunedan though
and I will use the *other* supplier of coffee machines in Dunedan.

By not explaining these things to your client you are doing them a
disservice.

Cheers
Richard.

rf

windandwaves wrote:

> [...]

BTW:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/screenshot/wind.jpg

Cheers
Richard.

Frogleg

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:36:40 +1200, "windandwaves"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The actual page is:
>
>http://www.e-61rocket.co.nz/dealers.php
>
>any other comments on this site are also greatly appreciated.

See

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/myst...avigation.html

windandwaves

Frogleg wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:36:40 +1200, "windandwaves"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> The actual page is:
>>
>> http://www.e-61rocket.co.nz/dealers.php
>>
>> any other comments on this site are also greatly appreciated.

> See
>
> http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/myst...avigation.html

I understand where you are coming from, but un this particular case the
whole site actually uses this concept to let people explore a little. The
whole website is a teaser, not a seller. It is meant to look good and not to
provide information. You can argue with that, but it is a very successful
business, who have used this concept for many years with great success.

- Nicolaas

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed:

> Frogleg wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:36:40 +1200, "windandwaves"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> >> The actual page is:
> >>
> >> http://www.e-61rocket.co.nz/dealers.php
> >>
> >> any other comments on this site are also greatly appreciated.

> > See
> >
> > http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/myst...avigation.html

> I understand where you are coming from, but un this particular case the
> whole site actually uses this concept to let people explore a little. The
> whole website is a teaser, not a seller. It is meant to look good and not to
> provide information. You can argue with that, but it is a very successful
> business, who have used this concept for many years with great success.

But if you're a hunk such as I, it's like wearing tight pants with too
small a zipper.

--
Neredbojias

windandwaves

Neredbojias wrote:
> With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed:
>
>> Frogleg wrote:

>>> See
>>>
>>> http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/myst...avigation.html

>> I understand where you are coming from, but un this particular case
>> the whole site actually uses this concept to let people explore a
>> little. The whole website is a teaser, not a seller. It is meant to
>> look good and not to provide information. You can argue with that,
>> but it is a very successful business, who have used this concept for
>> many years with great success.

> But if you're a hunk such as I, it's like wearing tight pants with too
> small a zipper.

Are you refering to the mystery meat navigation?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed:

> Neredbojias wrote:
> > With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed:

> >> I understand where you are coming from, but un this particular case
> >> the whole site actually uses this concept to let people explore a
> >> little. The whole website is a teaser, not a seller. It is meant to
> >> look good and not to provide information. You can argue with that,
> >> but it is a very successful business, who have used this concept for
> >> many years with great success.

> > But if you're a hunk such as I, it's like wearing tight pants with too
> > small a zipper.

> Are you refering to the mystery meat navigation?

He he he, touche! Bravo, I liked that.

--
Neredbojias

Example in help about ICallbackEventHandler seems to be wrong? Edwin Knoppert ASP .Net 0 01-19-2006 11:48 AM
Typecast long double->double seems to go wrong Michael Mair C Programming 4 05-24-2004 01:46 PM
Regular Expression Validator seems to be wrong! Edward ASP .Net 0 12-04-2003 05:31 PM
It seems wrong to me Stub C++ 4 11-09-2003 04:06 PM
Pentax *istD - seems good - but wrong mount Roland Karlsson Digital Photography 8 08-09-2003 05:19 PM

Advertisments