Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Free program to analyze web stats

Free program to analyze web stats

PHP

Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a perl
script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

Thanks.

Thomas Jespersen

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:

> Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
> machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
> hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a perl
> script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

http://www.analog.cx/

PHP

"Thomas Jespersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:
>
>> Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
>> machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
>> hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a
>> perl
>> script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

> http://www.analog.cx/

Thanks, I am downloading it now...

PHP

"Thomas Jespersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:
>
>> Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
>> machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
>> hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a
>> perl
>> script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

> http://www.analog.cx/

It works well but it doesn't show referrer URLs... That is what I am
looking for more than anything else.

Captain Dondo

PHP wrote:
> "Thomas Jespersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
>>>machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
>>>hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a
>>>perl
>>>script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

>>http://www.analog.cx/

> It works well but it doesn't show referrer URLs... That is what I am
> looking for more than anything else.

awstats

PHP

"Captain Dondo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PHP wrote:
>> "Thomas Jespersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>http://www.analog.cx/

>> It works well but it doesn't show referrer URLs... That is what I am
>> looking for more than anything else.

> awstats

Thanks, I'm trying that one now.

Fly Cooter

>Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
>machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
>hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a perl
>script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.
>
>Thanks.

There are lots of free services on the web where you can register for a free
hit counter that features full site statistics. A few of the most populr are:

www.statcounter.com
www.addfreestats.com
www.retrostats.com

--
Fly Cooter
http://fly-cooter.tripod.com

jafar

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:17:18 -0700, Captain Dondo wrote:

> awstats

I second that. An example of my stats using awstats is at
http://moonlife-records.com/stats/stats.html
It's pretty comprehensive. At also does mail server stats.

--
Jafar Calley
Producer - http://moonlife-records.com

promo@alterwind.com