Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > 2 Frames, 1 Scrollbar for both, Possible?

2 Frames, 1 Scrollbar for both, Possible?

ws

I have always tried to stay away from frames but the client wants frames
for this because there is a flash music player that we need to keep on
the screen and not have it reload with each page load.

That being said, I know that the frames have individual scrollbars by
definition. However, I need to have just one scrollbar to control the
entire page (in other words, make it look to the user like we aren't
using frames at all.) Is there a work-a-round for this?

Thanks in advance.

Toby Inkster

ws wrote:

> I have always tried to stay away from frames but the client wants frames
> for this because there is a flash music player that we need to keep on
> the screen and not have it reload with each page load.

Flash music player?

Sounds like a perfect time to bring in pop-ups.

Visitor clicks on a link to launch the Flash music player in a (small)
pop-up window.

They can then use the main browser window to surf the site with no frames.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Now Playing ~ ./cher_-_just_like_jesse_james.ogg

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, ws quothed:

> I have always tried to stay away from frames but the client wants frames
> for this because there is a flash music player that we need to keep on
> the screen and not have it reload with each page load.
>
> That being said, I know that the frames have individual scrollbars by
> definition. However, I need to have just one scrollbar to control the
> entire page (in other words, make it look to the user like we aren't
> using frames at all.) Is there a work-a-round for this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You can set individual scrollbars in the frameset.

--
Neredbojias

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, ws quothed:

> I have always tried to stay away from frames but the client wants frames
> for this because there is a flash music player that we need to keep on
> the screen and not have it reload with each page load.
>
> That being said, I know that the frames have individual scrollbars by
> definition. However, I need to have just one scrollbar to control the
> entire page (in other words, make it look to the user like we aren't
> using frames at all.) Is there a work-a-round for this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Oops, I misread the question. But the question itself is contradictory.
Either you want the whole page to scroll or you dont. If you want a
"fixed" section with a full-page scrollbar, frames probably aren't the
answer. Css is.

--
Neredbojias